US: Cotton Inc and American Eagle in denim recycling partnership
Cotton Incorporated and American Eagle Outfitters have announced a partnership to recycle denim.
The Cotton. From Blue to Green recycling programme will take place in more than 850 American Eagle Outfitters stores and some 47 college campuses across the US.
From today (5 October) until 18 October, American Eagle Outfitters customers will be able to bring any type of denim from any brand into its stores. The denim will then be converted into UltraTouch Denim Insulation and provided to communities in need.
Customers who recycle their denim at American Eagle Outfitters will receive a 20% discount on their entire purchase that day.
We have been working with them for years on a corporate responsibility initiative, but as the denim recycling program continues to gain popularity with consumers, we are eager to build on our current relationship with America Eagle Outfitters by allowing their customers to participate in the in-store program this fall," said Cotton. From Blue to Green spokesperson Andrea Samber.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Top stories on just-style this week included the effects of economic santions on Turkey's apparel industry, H&M plans to launch a new brand following first-quarter profit and the latest news from this...
US-based teen apparel brand American Eagle has come out on top in a global omni-channel fashion survey....
Top stories on just-style this week included news that a coalition of industry groups is calling for an to end violent unrest in Cambodia, the Indian government's plans to partially roll back its cott...
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar