US/AUSTRALIA: Cotton Leads programme continues to garner interest
A new programme set up by the Australian and US cotton industry to supply responsibly-produced cotton is continuing to gain interest amongst global textile businesses.
To date, more than 100 retailers, brands and manufacturers have joined the Cotton Leads programme as partners, the organisation has revealed.
Its founding members are Cotton Australia, the National Cotton Council of America, Cotton Council International and Cotton Incorporated. The programme is designed to raise awareness of the responsible growing practices and commitment to continuous improvement among cotton producers in the member countries.
"The founding members of Cotton Leads programme...are gratified that so many businesses around the world recognise the ongoing environmental gains made by cotton growers in Australia and the United States," said Mark Messura, SVP global supply chain marketing at Cotton Inc.
Combined, cotton production in the US and Australia accounts for around 17% of global cotton production.
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
Plimsoll Publishing’s CLOTHING MANUFACTURERS (European) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the CLOTHING MANUFACTURERS (European) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the to...
Apparel manufacturer Fruit of the Loom is investing in doubling the size of its Berkeley County distribution centre, as the company continues its efforts to align its global supply chain....
China textile clothing, shoes, hat manufacturing industry, 2013 is valuable for anyone who wants to invest in the textile clothing, shoes, hat manufacturing industry, to get Chinese investments; to im...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Fitness fashion propels Athleta towards $1bn sales
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report