US/AUSTRALIA: Cotton Leads programme continues to garner interest
A new programme set up by the Australian and US cotton industry to supply responsibly-produced cotton is continuing to gain interest amongst global textile businesses.
To date, more than 100 retailers, brands and manufacturers have joined the Cotton Leads programme as partners, the organisation has revealed.
Its founding members are Cotton Australia, the National Cotton Council of America, Cotton Council International and Cotton Incorporated. The programme is designed to raise awareness of the responsible growing practices and commitment to continuous improvement among cotton producers in the member countries.
"The founding members of Cotton Leads programme...are gratified that so many businesses around the world recognise the ongoing environmental gains made by cotton growers in Australia and the United States," said Mark Messura, SVP global supply chain marketing at Cotton Inc.
Combined, cotton production in the US and Australia accounts for around 17% of global cotton production.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
More than 160 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
Plimsoll Publishing’s CLOTHING MANUFACTURERS (European) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the CLOTHING MANUFACTURERS (European) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the to...
China textile clothing, shoes, hat manufacturing industry, 2013 is valuable for anyone who wants to invest in the textile clothing, shoes, hat manufacturing industry, to get Chinese investments; to im...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies