US/AUSTRALIA: Cotton Leads programme continues to garner interest
A new programme set up by the Australian and US cotton industry to supply responsibly-produced cotton is continuing to gain interest amongst global textile businesses.
To date, more than 100 retailers, brands and manufacturers have joined the Cotton Leads programme as partners, the organisation has revealed.
Its founding members are Cotton Australia, the National Cotton Council of America, Cotton Council International and Cotton Incorporated. The programme is designed to raise awareness of the responsible growing practices and commitment to continuous improvement among cotton producers in the member countries.
"The founding members of Cotton Leads programme...are gratified that so many businesses around the world recognise the ongoing environmental gains made by cotton growers in Australia and the United States," said Mark Messura, SVP global supply chain marketing at Cotton Inc.
Combined, cotton production in the US and Australia accounts for around 17% of global cotton production.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
US textile and apparel manufacturing companies are calling on Congress to pass the Miscellaneous Tariff Bill (MTB), which they say would eliminate or reduce import duties on products not available in ...
The Intimate Apparel market in the US comprises of intimate apparel for both men and women. Intimate apparel products include underwear, bra, panty, sleepwear, daywear, and shapewear....
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- Practical Price Negotiation