USA: Cotton Production Will Fall Below 1994 Record, Says USDA
According to the US Department of Agriculture's (USDA) first survey of the 2000 cotton crop, US production is forecast at nearly 19.2 million bales, 13 per cent higher than last season and 500,000 bales below the 1994 record. The August forecast is also below industry expectations that averaged nearly 19.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores