DENMARK: Country's Last Tailoring Factory Underperforms
Denmark's only remaining men's tailoring factory, Falbe Hansen has had disappointing first half results. Turnover increased by 5.5 per cent to 45.7m Danish Kroner, compared to the same period last year. Export of Webmore branded clothing has increased. "The losses before tax of 3.8m kroner is unsatisfactory - worse than anticipated," said MD Karl Kristian Bro. Most of the additional expenses are one-off, including moving production. For the whole of the year 2000, a turnover of 100-110m kroner is expected, with a loss of around one million Danish kroner before tax. The company is 125 years old, and specialises in made-to-measure menswear. Falbe is sold in 789 retailers in Denmark, and about 15 per cent of production is exported, mainly to Norway and Sweden. For more information about Falbe Hansen, visit the company's website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- Hirdaramani to head WFSGI manufacturers committee
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack