DENMARK: Country's Last Tailoring Factory Underperforms
Denmark's only remaining men's tailoring factory, Falbe Hansen has had disappointing first half results. Turnover increased by 5.5 per cent to 45.7m Danish Kroner, compared to the same period last year. Export of Webmore branded clothing has increased. "The losses before tax of 3.8m kroner is unsatisfactory - worse than anticipated," said MD Karl Kristian Bro. Most of the additional expenses are one-off, including moving production. For the whole of the year 2000, a turnover of 100-110m kroner is expected, with a loss of around one million Danish kroner before tax. The company is 125 years old, and specialises in made-to-measure menswear. Falbe is sold in 789 retailers in Denmark, and about 15 per cent of production is exported, mainly to Norway and Sweden. For more information about Falbe Hansen, visit the company's website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- $136m funding for Made in NY garment-making hub
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar