AUSTRALIA: Couple Set To Clean Up With Dirt Shirts
A Queensland couple have found there is money in muck as they receive orders from around the world for their range of home-made polo shirts stained with the region's famous red soil.
According to the Sunday Mail, Richard and Janelle Mason's "dirt shirts" are being exported to countries ranging from the US to the UK as part of their Mud Gear range.
Mr Mason, a qualified soil conservationist, came up with the unusual fashion idea while in Canada and after several experiments designed a formula that means the shirt fabric holds the distinctive ochre hue of the Kingaroy district, the paper says.
"The two questions people ask are: Is it (the colour) going to stay there and do they come in any other colour?" Mr Mason told the Sunday Mail.
"Like a pair of jeans, the colour will fade over time and the colour depends on how much soil I put in. I'm still working on the quality control."
Companies: Warnaco Group Inc
Ranked as one of Thailand's top three textile producers and the country's seventh largest garment maker with a 2003 sales turnover of US$46 million, the Nan Yang Textile Group is one of only a handful...
Luxury goods company Polo Ralph Lauren has announced a set of executive appointments aimed at boosting its growing business and improving its supply chain....
Upmarket clothing label Polo Ralph Lauren has enjoyed a 31 per cent hike in second-quarter net income on better wholesale and retail sales....
The United States Polo Association and apparel company Jordache Limited have been granted the right to use horse logos on their goods after a court case concluded they do not infringe on the trademark...
Luxury goods giant Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has completed the acquisition of Ralph Lauren Footwear Co Inc from sportswear company Reebok International Ltd....
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has named Jonathan Drucker as senior vice president, general counsel, as of 18 July 2005....
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corp has reported a dive in first-quarter net income, affected by expenses due to litigation and restructuring....
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has signed a definitive agreement to buy back its global licensee for footwear, Ralph Lauren Footwear Co Inc, off sportswear giant Reebok International...
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Guess four-point plan to drive profit in Americas
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack