USA: Court Agrees $2 Billion Cash Plan For Kmart
Bankruptcy Judge Susan Pierson Sonderby backed the financing deal which will allow Kmart to stay in business, pay employees and stock shelves at its network of 2,100 stores – although hundreds of unprofitable outlets are facing the axe.
The court dismissed complainst about the bonus plan by the Union of Needle Trades, Industrial and Textile Workers, which represents 3,000 Kmart distribution centre employees.
The union's attorney claimed those likely to get the money were to blame for the company's perilous financial state but Kmart's bankruptcy attorney said the employees were wanted by other companies and said creditors and bankers backed the incentives plan.
Companies: Sears Holdings Corporation
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Wal-Mart is famous for its everyday low prices. The world's largest company continues to dramatically transform the retail landscape by exploring new growth avenues, selling new categories of merchand...
Sears Holdings' Kmart subsidiary is to axe an unspecified number of workers as it revises staff levels at its 1,400 stores, according to press reports....
Up to 150,000 employees and retirees of former retailer Kmart have been awarded US$11.75m as part of a lawsuit settlement over the investment of pension funds, Associated Press reported....
Apparel maker Lands' End's president and chief executive officer is leaving the company less than two year after she took the role on....
Cut-price footwear retailer Footstar Inc has selcted 4R Systems Inc's 4R application to help them achieve the appropriate choice of case-pack design, and quantities that provide the maximum flexibilit...
Casual apparel company Levi Strauss & Co has named John Goodman as president of the US Dockers business, effective 6 June....
Sears Holdings Corp and Latina Media Ventures, which publishes Latina magazine, have signed a deal to launch an apparel, footwear and bag collection aimed at Hispanic women....
Chief executive of US department store operator JC Penney, Myron Ullman, says the company is to turn its focus to mid-income shoppers who are forming an available market niche due to mergers among its...
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts