USA: Court Agrees $2 Billion Cash Plan For Kmart
Bankruptcy Judge Susan Pierson Sonderby backed the financing deal which will allow Kmart to stay in business, pay employees and stock shelves at its network of 2,100 stores – although hundreds of unprofitable outlets are facing the axe.
The court dismissed complainst about the bonus plan by the Union of Needle Trades, Industrial and Textile Workers, which represents 3,000 Kmart distribution centre employees.
The union's attorney claimed those likely to get the money were to blame for the company's perilous financial state but Kmart's bankruptcy attorney said the employees were wanted by other companies and said creditors and bankers backed the incentives plan.
Companies: Sears Holdings Corporation
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Wal-Mart is famous for its everyday low prices. The world's largest company continues to dramatically transform the retail landscape by exploring new growth avenues, selling new categories of merchand...
Sears Holdings' Kmart subsidiary is to axe an unspecified number of workers as it revises staff levels at its 1,400 stores, according to press reports....
Up to 150,000 employees and retirees of former retailer Kmart have been awarded US$11.75m as part of a lawsuit settlement over the investment of pension funds, Associated Press reported....
Apparel maker Lands' End's president and chief executive officer is leaving the company less than two year after she took the role on....
Cut-price footwear retailer Footstar Inc has selcted 4R Systems Inc's 4R application to help them achieve the appropriate choice of case-pack design, and quantities that provide the maximum flexibilit...
Casual apparel company Levi Strauss & Co has named John Goodman as president of the US Dockers business, effective 6 June....
Sears Holdings Corp and Latina Media Ventures, which publishes Latina magazine, have signed a deal to launch an apparel, footwear and bag collection aimed at Hispanic women....
Chief executive of US department store operator JC Penney, Myron Ullman, says the company is to turn its focus to mid-income shoppers who are forming an available market niche due to mergers among its...
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022