UK: Courtaulds Joins Ai's Customer-Partner Base
In a move to streamline the product development process in its men's underwear and casualwear businesses in central London, Courtaulds Textiles Plc has purchased 40 licenses for StyleManager, Ai's widely implemented product development application designed for the apparel industry and engineered to operate with Oracle. In addition to the Portman Close implementation, several Courtaulds Textiles factories will be connected to StyleManager in time for the spring 2001 collections.Courtaulds has also signed on to AiSpecNet, the Collaborative Business Computing (CBC) extranet application that has been engineered for B2B global communication of spec packages and all associated product information and graphic files. AiSpecNet will be used to replace expensive and disconnected communication methods such as overnight shipping and facsimile, thereby shortening the product communication process and enhancing supply chain management overall.Acquiring both StyleManager and AiSpecNet is expected to aggressively enhance Courtaulds entire internal and external product development process from design concept through final delivery. Perry Bonney, Ai's UK general manager, says that: "The new relationship with Courtaulds Textiles is a partnership that will enable Courtaulds to take full advantage of Ai's technology in StyleManager and AiSpecNet whilst Ai gets the support in the market of a major world player in apparel manufacturing and textiles."Tony Farrar, Group IT executive, at Courtaulds Textiles adds: "We decided to go with StyleManager and AiSpecNet primarily because we see that they will enable us to optimize our resources on a global scale and remain in control of our process. Communication and collaboration is critical to our future and Ai's technology partnership allows us manage this globally."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar