UK: Courtaulds Joins Ai's Customer-Partner Base
In a move to streamline the product development process in its men's underwear and casualwear businesses in central London, Courtaulds Textiles Plc has purchased 40 licenses for StyleManager, Ai's widely implemented product development application designed for the apparel industry and engineered to operate with Oracle. In addition to the Portman Close implementation, several Courtaulds Textiles factories will be connected to StyleManager in time for the spring 2001 collections.Courtaulds has also signed on to AiSpecNet, the Collaborative Business Computing (CBC) extranet application that has been engineered for B2B global communication of spec packages and all associated product information and graphic files. AiSpecNet will be used to replace expensive and disconnected communication methods such as overnight shipping and facsimile, thereby shortening the product communication process and enhancing supply chain management overall.Acquiring both StyleManager and AiSpecNet is expected to aggressively enhance Courtaulds entire internal and external product development process from design concept through final delivery. Perry Bonney, Ai's UK general manager, says that: "The new relationship with Courtaulds Textiles is a partnership that will enable Courtaulds to take full advantage of Ai's technology in StyleManager and AiSpecNet whilst Ai gets the support in the market of a major world player in apparel manufacturing and textiles."Tony Farrar, Group IT executive, at Courtaulds Textiles adds: "We decided to go with StyleManager and AiSpecNet primarily because we see that they will enable us to optimize our resources on a global scale and remain in control of our process. Communication and collaboration is critical to our future and Ai's technology partnership allows us manage this globally."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report