Coville names Scott Willis as COO
US-based vertically-integrated apparel provider Coville Inc has named Scott Willis as its new chief operating officer.
Willis joins the provider of innovative knits and apparel from Drifire LLC, where he was vice president of supply chain. Before this, he spent 20 years at Fruit of the Loom, in process engineering and executive management.
With a strong textile and apparel background along with extensive experience in the protective products market related to fabric and apparel for military and commercial applications, Willis will be responsible for directing and coordinating all internal operational activities of Coville, ensuring the safety, quality, service and profitability of each operating unit.
Coville operates knitting and cut and sew services all in close proximity to its North Carolina headquarters. The company offers finished and greige fabrics and contract and full package production programmes with expertise in a wide range of active wear, military, performance, protective, sportswear, underwear and other sewn products.
Earlier this year the company said increasing demand for 'Made in the USA' fabrics and production has led to a rise in orders as fashion retailers and brands reshore select manufacturing programmes back to the US in a bid to reduce supply chain cycle times, risk and complexity.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report