JAPAN: Crailar in fibre supply deal with Kowa
Crailar Technologies is to supply its Crailar flax-based fibres to Japan-based Kowa Company
Crailar Technologies (formerly Naturally Advanced Technologies) is to supply its Crailar flax-based fibres to Japan-based Kowa Company for use in sustainable apparel.
Kowa's main area of focus is its lifestyle business, which includes fashion, active apparel and domestic goods. Crailar will start fulfilling orders from Kowa this quarter.
"We are pleased to be working with Kowa Company as it gives Crailar a strategic opportunity to demonstrate what 118 years of experience can bring to the advancement of sustainably in textiles, fabric and apparel in one of the world's most discerning apparel and consumer product markets," said Crailar Technologies CEO Ken Barker.
"Further, it provides Crailar another direct entry point into Asia that complements our current global partners, expands our footprint, and points toward our long-term goal of a global supply chain."
Kowa Company, which was founded in 1894 as a cotton wholesaler, has expanded into a multi-national corporation under the Kowa Group, which operates in textiles, consumer products, pharmaceuticals and machinery.
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Express, The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis