JAPAN: Crailar in fibre supply deal with Kowa
Crailar Technologies is to supply its Crailar flax-based fibres to Japan-based Kowa Company
Crailar Technologies (formerly Naturally Advanced Technologies) is to supply its Crailar flax-based fibres to Japan-based Kowa Company for use in sustainable apparel.
Kowa's main area of focus is its lifestyle business, which includes fashion, active apparel and domestic goods. Crailar will start fulfilling orders from Kowa this quarter.
"We are pleased to be working with Kowa Company as it gives Crailar a strategic opportunity to demonstrate what 118 years of experience can bring to the advancement of sustainably in textiles, fabric and apparel in one of the world's most discerning apparel and consumer product markets," said Crailar Technologies CEO Ken Barker.
"Further, it provides Crailar another direct entry point into Asia that complements our current global partners, expands our footprint, and points toward our long-term goal of a global supply chain."
Kowa Company, which was founded in 1894 as a cotton wholesaler, has expanded into a multi-national corporation under the Kowa Group, which operates in textiles, consumer products, pharmaceuticals and machinery.
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis