JAPAN: Crailar in fibre supply deal with Kowa
Crailar Technologies is to supply its Crailar flax-based fibres to Japan-based Kowa Company
Crailar Technologies (formerly Naturally Advanced Technologies) is to supply its Crailar flax-based fibres to Japan-based Kowa Company for use in sustainable apparel.
Kowa's main area of focus is its lifestyle business, which includes fashion, active apparel and domestic goods. Crailar will start fulfilling orders from Kowa this quarter.
"We are pleased to be working with Kowa Company as it gives Crailar a strategic opportunity to demonstrate what 118 years of experience can bring to the advancement of sustainably in textiles, fabric and apparel in one of the world's most discerning apparel and consumer product markets," said Crailar Technologies CEO Ken Barker.
"Further, it provides Crailar another direct entry point into Asia that complements our current global partners, expands our footprint, and points toward our long-term goal of a global supply chain."
Kowa Company, which was founded in 1894 as a cotton wholesaler, has expanded into a multi-national corporation under the Kowa Group, which operates in textiles, consumer products, pharmaceuticals and machinery.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Lenzing unveils new sustainability strategy
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar