JAPAN: Crailar in fibre supply deal with Kowa
Crailar Technologies is to supply its Crailar flax-based fibres to Japan-based Kowa Company
Crailar Technologies (formerly Naturally Advanced Technologies) is to supply its Crailar flax-based fibres to Japan-based Kowa Company for use in sustainable apparel.
Kowa's main area of focus is its lifestyle business, which includes fashion, active apparel and domestic goods. Crailar will start fulfilling orders from Kowa this quarter.
"We are pleased to be working with Kowa Company as it gives Crailar a strategic opportunity to demonstrate what 118 years of experience can bring to the advancement of sustainably in textiles, fabric and apparel in one of the world's most discerning apparel and consumer product markets," said Crailar Technologies CEO Ken Barker.
"Further, it provides Crailar another direct entry point into Asia that complements our current global partners, expands our footprint, and points toward our long-term goal of a global supply chain."
Kowa Company, which was founded in 1894 as a cotton wholesaler, has expanded into a multi-national corporation under the Kowa Group, which operates in textiles, consumer products, pharmaceuticals and machinery.
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report