US: Crailar starts fibre production at Pamplico
Crailar Technologies has started operations at its first full-scale flax fibre manufacturing plant in Pamplico, South Carolina.
There were minor delays at the facility to ensure safety and compliance within the water and fire protection systems in the building, as well as customisation to communications software that ensure the safe operation of the production line.
The company, which produces and markets flax-based fibres, said these adjustments have now been completed. Crailar Technologies revealed it had invested US$8m in the facility last year.
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Fire and safety events to converge on Bangladesh
- US textile innovation hub could expand re-shoring
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020