US: Crailar starts fibre production at Pamplico
Crailar Technologies has started operations at its first full-scale flax fibre manufacturing plant in Pamplico, South Carolina.
There were minor delays at the facility to ensure safety and compliance within the water and fire protection systems in the building, as well as customisation to communications software that ensure the safe operation of the production line.
The company, which produces and markets flax-based fibres, said these adjustments have now been completed. Crailar Technologies revealed it had invested US$8m in the facility last year.
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Footwear to see "significant" gains from TPP
- Is China really going through a slump?
- UK retailers key to domestic manufacturing growth
- M&S to see "departure" of sourcing chiefs?
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- Gap to close 75 stores amid "disastrous" Q1
- H&M criticised for India, Cambodia labour abuses
- US Q1 in brief - Sears, Abercrombie & Fitch