US: Crailar starts fibre production at Pamplico
Crailar Technologies has started operations at its first full-scale flax fibre manufacturing plant in Pamplico, South Carolina.
There were minor delays at the facility to ensure safety and compliance within the water and fire protection systems in the building, as well as customisation to communications software that ensure the safe operation of the production line.
The company, which produces and markets flax-based fibres, said these adjustments have now been completed. Crailar Technologies revealed it had invested US$8m in the facility last year.
- Alliance and Accord urged to harmonise efforts
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Apparel is third-largest re-shored US sector
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Trial cotton subsidy scheme underway in China
- China dye-maker to shut after desert pollution
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Clothing Manufacturers (Global) - Industry Report