US: Crailar starts fibre production at Pamplico
Crailar Technologies has started operations at its first full-scale flax fibre manufacturing plant in Pamplico, South Carolina.
There were minor delays at the facility to ensure safety and compliance within the water and fire protection systems in the building, as well as customisation to communications software that ensure the safe operation of the production line.
The company, which produces and markets flax-based fibres, said these adjustments have now been completed. Crailar Technologies revealed it had invested US$8m in the facility last year.
- Where next for 3D design and prototyping?
- What Marks & Spencer's numbers mean for clothing
- Apparel buyers miss out on commodity cost savings
- Balance essential in garment supply chain
- Tanzania adds to Africa’s apparel sourcing mix
- Brandix named PVH ‘Global Supplier of the Year’
- Earthquake damage at Bangladesh garment factories
- Ascena Retail to buy Ann Taylor owner for $2bn
- China and India to exploit trade relationship
- AGOA delays drag on sourcing decisions