US: Crailar starts fibre production at Pamplico
Crailar Technologies has started operations at its first full-scale flax fibre manufacturing plant in Pamplico, South Carolina.
There were minor delays at the facility to ensure safety and compliance within the water and fire protection systems in the building, as well as customisation to communications software that ensure the safe operation of the production line.
The company, which produces and markets flax-based fibres, said these adjustments have now been completed. Crailar Technologies revealed it had invested US$8m in the facility last year.
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Opportunities and Applications for Digital Textile Printing