US: Crailar starts fibre production at Pamplico
Crailar Technologies has started operations at its first full-scale flax fibre manufacturing plant in Pamplico, South Carolina.
There were minor delays at the facility to ensure safety and compliance within the water and fire protection systems in the building, as well as customisation to communications software that ensure the safe operation of the production line.
The company, which produces and markets flax-based fibres, said these adjustments have now been completed. Crailar Technologies revealed it had invested US$8m in the facility last year.
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- Bangladesh still needs reforms to fix factories
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- Improving traceability a key industry challenge
- Retailer Austin Reed goes into administration
- Inditex renews global trade union agreement
- UK apparel market realising real benefits of RFID