US: Crailar starts fibre production at Pamplico
Crailar Technologies has started operations at its first full-scale flax fibre manufacturing plant in Pamplico, South Carolina.
There were minor delays at the facility to ensure safety and compliance within the water and fire protection systems in the building, as well as customisation to communications software that ensure the safe operation of the production line.
The company, which produces and markets flax-based fibres, said these adjustments have now been completed. Crailar Technologies revealed it had invested US$8m in the facility last year.
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)