US: Crailar to blend with Lenzing fibres on new yarns
Naturally Advanced Technologies (NAT), which produces and markets Crailar flax-based fibres, is teaming up with Austria-based Lenzing Group to look at potential new applications in fashion and sportswear.
Under the deal, the two companies will blend Crailar with Lenzing's Tencel (lyocell) and Lenzing Modal cellulosic fibres to create a new yarn for the women's fashion market.
They also plan to leverage the fibres' water absorption and wicking properties to create an alternative material for use in athletic and sport performance clothing.
"With Lenzing, we can now evaluate the opportunity to expand the host fibres with which Crailar can blend to identify new performance attributes, applications and industries," said Ken Barker, CEO of Naturally Advanced Technologies.
"This is truly a new frontier for the future of our natural fibres, and working with the global leader Lenzing creates a very powerful industry platform in both sustainability and performance."
The company already supplies Crailar to HanesBrands, Georgia-Pacific, and Brilliant Global Knitwear for commercial use, and to Levi Strauss & Co, Cintas, Carhartt, Ashland, Westex, and Target for evaluation and development.
US clothing company HanesBrands saw third-quarter net income rise on the back of increasing sales and improving margins. ...
This report contains information, analysis and valuable insight on some of the latest product developments and innovations in the home textiles market, including bedding products, fabrics and yarns fo...
The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) has asked textile companies to propose new bio-based fabrics for inclusion in a special catalogue of products that receive preferred purchase considerations by ...
Cellulosic fibre producer Lenzing has launched new colour and black variants of its Modal fibres, which are said to be more eco-friendly because they no longer need to be dyed....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Opportunities and Applications for Digital Textile Printing
- Colombia - ISA Country Report