UK: Creative Design Campaign Focuses On Lycra's Versatility
A campaign to encourage more knitters to incorporate Lycra in their winter garment ranges is now in progress at DuPont. But whereas past promotions of this type have centered chiefly around Lycra's ability to provide better fitting garments which will hold their shape longer, the current campaign puts greater stress than ever before on creative design achieved with the aid of innovative yarns with a Lycra content.In the collection which has been put together by DuPont to demonstrate the new versatility of Lycra, yarns from some sixty spinners around the world have been employed, many drawing their novelty appeal from unusual choices of blend partners for elastane. Lycra, for instance, is teamed with metal fibers supplied by the Scientific Wire Company and with finest Scottish spun cashmere by Todd & Duncan.Brushed and felted yarns with a Lycra content, which when knitted up will give the impression of a heavyweight fabric but without actual weight, are also expected to be widely used commercially next winter as well as playing a key role in the DuPont demonstration collection. Introducing this collection, DuPont's own knitwear designer, Sheila-Mary Carruthers, commented: "We haven't yet scratched the surface of the creative possibilities of Lycra content yarns and the garments that can be produced from them."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar