US: Crocs and Blackstone close $200m investment deal
Blackstone will take a 13% stake in Crocs
Shoe firm Crocs Inc has closed a deal that will see private equity firm Blackstone Group make a US$200m investment in the firm.
In connection with the closing of the transaction, Crocs has appointed two new board members and accepted the resignation of two current board members.
The investment, announced earlier this month, will see Blackstone take a 13% stake in the company. On the announcement of the deal, the company revealed its CEO John McCarvel will retire at the end of April.
"With the closing of the transaction and the appointment of our two new directors, we can now turn our attention to recruiting a new CEO and moving forward with refining the strategic direction of the Crocs business," said Thomas Smach, Crocs chairman of the board.
Crocs, Inc. (CROX) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalDa...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Athletic Footwear market to grow at a CAGR of 1.75 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasi...
Canadean's "Shoe Carnival, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and s...
Plimsoll’s Footwear Wholesalers (Nordic) analysis is the most definitive and accurate study of the Footwear Wholesalers (Nordic) sector in 2013. The report is split into two sections and uses both a ...
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Myanmar garment sector experiencing rapid growth
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- YKK “Eco-Dye” aims to cut zipper water waste
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead