US: Crocs and Blackstone close $200m investment deal
Blackstone will take a 13% stake in Crocs
Shoe firm Crocs Inc has closed a deal that will see private equity firm Blackstone Group make a US$200m investment in the firm.
In connection with the closing of the transaction, Crocs has appointed two new board members and accepted the resignation of two current board members.
The investment, announced earlier this month, will see Blackstone take a 13% stake in the company. On the announcement of the deal, the company revealed its CEO John McCarvel will retire at the end of April.
"With the closing of the transaction and the appointment of our two new directors, we can now turn our attention to recruiting a new CEO and moving forward with refining the strategic direction of the Crocs business," said Thomas Smach, Crocs chairman of the board.
Footwear business Crocs has unveiled a strategic plan aimed at bringing long-term growth to the company after second quarter profits slumped by 34%, including more than 180 global job cuts....
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Athletic Footwear market to grow at a CAGR of 1.75 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasi...
Plastic shoe maker Crocs saw its earnings tumble in the first quarter as a result of one-off costs, the impact of the Easter shift and negative currency impacts in Japan and Russia....
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Long-running SL Garment dispute settled
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Moisture Management Fabrics: Key to Wearer Comfort
- Global Apparel Markets: Product Developments and Innovations, 2nd Quarter 2014