US: Crocs and Blackstone close $200m investment deal
Blackstone will take a 13% stake in Crocs
Shoe firm Crocs Inc has closed a deal that will see private equity firm Blackstone Group make a US$200m investment in the firm.
In connection with the closing of the transaction, Crocs has appointed two new board members and accepted the resignation of two current board members.
The investment, announced earlier this month, will see Blackstone take a 13% stake in the company. On the announcement of the deal, the company revealed its CEO John McCarvel will retire at the end of April.
"With the closing of the transaction and the appointment of our two new directors, we can now turn our attention to recruiting a new CEO and moving forward with refining the strategic direction of the Crocs business," said Thomas Smach, Crocs chairman of the board.
Crocs, Inc. (CROX) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalDa...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Athletic Footwear market to grow at a CAGR of 1.75 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasi...
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket