US: Crocs and Skechers settle clog legal dispute
Footwear companies Crocs and Skechers have agreed to settle all outstanding worldwide litigation, including a US District Court action in Colorado, with Skechers agreeing to shelve some of its moulded footwear styles.
The lawsuits concerned Crocs' proprietary footwear and alleged that Skechers infringed a number of Crocs' patents and its trade dress. Skechers denied all of the allegations and filed counter claims against Crocs.
However, Skechers has today (3 December) agreed to discontinue production and sale of certain moulded footwear styles and focus on its core footwear styles, a statement said.
The lawsuits were resolved this week when the parties were able to agree on settlement terms that were "mutually acceptable to both companies", but not fully disclosed for confidentiality reasons.
The companies jointly stated: "We are pleased that we were able to resolve these matters without either side having to absorb the energy and expense that ongoing litigation requires. The companies expect that all pending matters will be disposed of within the next 30 days."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Plastic clog maker Crocs is planning to close its Aurora distribution centre in Colorado at the expense of 37 jobs, according to local media reports....
Footwear company Crocs saw its first quarter losses widen to US$22.4m, thanks to a 32% slump in company revenues....
Footwear company Skechers USA returned to profit in the first quarter after a fourth quarter loss, but registered a 10.8% decline in sales....
Plastic clog maker Crocs has launched a new collection called Prepair, which it says helps athletes recover following athletic or fitness activity....
Footwear and accessories marketer RG Barry Corporation has named Hong Zeng as its new China-based vice president of sourcing....
Plastic clog maker Crocs Inc has had its credit facility with Union Bank of California NA extended by six months, from 2 April to 30 September....
Footwear maker Skechers USA Inc has expanded its operations in South America by setting up a new subsidiary to distribute its brand in Chile....
The auditor of Crocs Inc has expressed "substantial doubt" about the plastic clog maker's ability to continue as a going concern, it emerged today (18 March)....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016