US: Crocs records "balanced" Q4 performance
- Q4 net loss widens to US$66.9m
- Net sales edge up 1.6%
- 2014 will be "a significant transition period"
Chairman Thomas Smach said 2014 will be “a significant transition period” for Crocs
Plastic shoe maker Crocs said it delivered a "balanced" performance in the fourth quarter, despite its net losses widening.
The company reported a GAAP net loss of US$66.9m in the three months to the end of December, compared to a loss of $3.6m a year earlier.
Crocs recorded charges of $49.2m in the quarter. Excluding these, net losses amounted to $17.7m versus earnings of $4.4m in the year ago period.
CEO John McCarvel said: "We delivered balanced performance in the fourth quarter despite the challenging retail environment in North America."
Sales edged up 1.6% to $228.7m from $225m a year earlier.
Chairman Thomas Smach said 2014 will be "a significant transition period" for the company, during which it will recruit a new CEO to replace the retiring McCarvel.
"We will focus on improving financial performance, particularly in the Americas and Japan, as well as enhancing our global retail execution. As we increasingly focus on profitable growth and retail excellence, we may moderate the pace of our investments in new retail stores as well as consolidate some existing locations."
As a result of the transition, Crocs said it won't be providing earnings guidance in 2014.
For the first quarter, the company expects revenue between $305m and $315m.
Crocs, Inc. (CROX) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalDa...
Canadean's "Shoe Carnival, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and s...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Athletic Footwear market to grow at a CAGR of 1.75 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasi...
Plimsoll’s Footwear Wholesalers (Nordic) analysis is the most definitive and accurate study of the Footwear Wholesalers (Nordic) sector in 2013. The report is split into two sections and uses both a ...
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Italian wages and conditions deteriorate
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024