US: Crocs unveils branded apparel line
Clog specialist Crocs has added a new string to its bow through the introduction of a branded apparel line.
The Colorado-based firm, which has achieved massive growth through a range of shoes made using the patented material Croslite, will launch its previously announced apparel line to consumers in October.
Prior to this, retailers have been given their first opportunity to view the Crocs' Holiday 07 apparel lines, for men and children, at the Magic exhibition in Las Vegas this week.
Select pieces in the men's apparel collection incorporate a new form of Croslite called Croslite rt, which stands for "relaxed technology."
This material is said to make garments lightweight, versatile, breathable, and durable, as well as being resistant to harsh chemicals and heat, ensuring longevity after exposure to sun, UV light and sweat.
"A broad range of consumers have become familiar with Crocs' unique material, Croslite, and the benefits it provides to footwear," said Ron Snyder, CEO of Crocs.
"We are excited to now have the ability to develop and integrate a new form of Croslite into Crocs Apparel that is ideal for function, performance and comfort."
The collection includes Niwot short and long sleeve tees, retailing at $36-$40, and White Rock long and short sleeve woven shirts retailing at $54-$58, which have portals in the chest pocket for earphone wires.
All shorts, pants and skirts in the children's line can be accessorised and customised with Jibbitz charms from the company's Jibbitz subsidiary.
Crocs also has plans to introduce a spring 08 apparel line to expand the use of Croslite rt.
Footwear firm Crocs has tied up with the US' National Basketball Association (NBA), in a move that allows Crocs to license agreed logos for all 30 NBA teams and related NBA properties....
Plastic clog maker Crocs Inc has delivered sales and profit growth for the eighth quarter in a row on strong international demand for its branded footwear....
Plastic clog producer Crocs has launched SolesUnited, a recycled footwear donation programme designed to help developing countries and claimed as the first initiative of its kind....
Manhattan Associates has struck a deal to provide supply chain optimisation solutions for clog specialist Crocs....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020