Crystal first China licensee of RevoLaze tech
Crystal Apparel has become the first denim jeans maker in China to sign a licence with US-based laser technology firm RevoLaze after patent infringement lawsuits were filed with the International Trade Commission (ITC) in January.
The manufacturer said it now has an authorised channel of trade to laser etch denim garments for any denim brand in the world. The financial terms of the agreement have not been disclosed.
Crystal Apparel was one of nine denim jeans manufacturers added to the existing patent infringement lawsuit filed with the ITC in August last year, with a total of 17 companies named 17 companies.
The company joins fellow manufacturer Modelos Yasiro, Levi Strauss, VF Corporation, Eddie Bauer, Replay Jeans and BlankNYC in reaching a settlement and licence agreement with RevoLaze.
"Besides being a global leader in denim jean manufacturing and a supplier to the world's largest brands, Crystal Apparel has a strong environmental sustainability policy across all of their operations," said RevoLaze CEO Darryl Costin. "As with RevoLaze, they have a large focus on product design and research and development to provide better products to their customers."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022