HONG KONG: Crystal Group strives to improve worker communication
Garment maker Crystal Group has rolled out a new system to improve internal communication with its workers on areas ranging from company news to updates on sustainability and suggestions for factory improvement.
The new Crystal Enterprise Mobility (CEM) technology consists of a series of applications for mobile devices such as personal smartphones or tablets, which were co-developed by Crystal Group, Microsoft and DynaSys Solutions.
While the CEM is primarily designed for office personnel, Crystal Group has also installed touch-screen display panels at one of its denim factories in China to enhance worker communication.
As well as sharing company news, the display panels enable interactive operations and have already been used to conduct online surveys, collect opinions from workers on remuneration, as well as feedback and suggestions for factory improvement.
The enterprise mobility strategy "helps convey our corporate culture and values to our people which eventually converts hearts and minds to form a more synergised force," said Catherine Chiu, general manager of corporate quality and sustainability department, Crystal Group.
Crystal's Chinese T-shirt factory also offers a free wireless internet service that "connects distant families" and offers "learning opportunities to workers," Chiu adds.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)