HONG KONG: Crystal Group strives to improve worker communication
Garment maker Crystal Group has rolled out a new system to improve internal communication with its workers on areas ranging from company news to updates on sustainability and suggestions for factory improvement.
The new Crystal Enterprise Mobility (CEM) technology consists of a series of applications for mobile devices such as personal smartphones or tablets, which were co-developed by Crystal Group, Microsoft and DynaSys Solutions.
While the CEM is primarily designed for office personnel, Crystal Group has also installed touch-screen display panels at one of its denim factories in China to enhance worker communication.
As well as sharing company news, the display panels enable interactive operations and have already been used to conduct online surveys, collect opinions from workers on remuneration, as well as feedback and suggestions for factory improvement.
The enterprise mobility strategy "helps convey our corporate culture and values to our people which eventually converts hearts and minds to form a more synergised force," said Catherine Chiu, general manager of corporate quality and sustainability department, Crystal Group.
Crystal's Chinese T-shirt factory also offers a free wireless internet service that "connects distant families" and offers "learning opportunities to workers," Chiu adds.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry