HONG KONG: Crystal Group strives to improve worker communication
Garment maker Crystal Group has rolled out a new system to improve internal communication with its workers on areas ranging from company news to updates on sustainability and suggestions for factory improvement.
The new Crystal Enterprise Mobility (CEM) technology consists of a series of applications for mobile devices such as personal smartphones or tablets, which were co-developed by Crystal Group, Microsoft and DynaSys Solutions.
While the CEM is primarily designed for office personnel, Crystal Group has also installed touch-screen display panels at one of its denim factories in China to enhance worker communication.
As well as sharing company news, the display panels enable interactive operations and have already been used to conduct online surveys, collect opinions from workers on remuneration, as well as feedback and suggestions for factory improvement.
The enterprise mobility strategy "helps convey our corporate culture and values to our people which eventually converts hearts and minds to form a more synergised force," said Catherine Chiu, general manager of corporate quality and sustainability department, Crystal Group.
Crystal's Chinese T-shirt factory also offers a free wireless internet service that "connects distant families" and offers "learning opportunities to workers," Chiu adds.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- US Q2 in brief - G-III Apparel, A&F, Sears
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras