HONG KONG: Crystal Group strives to improve worker communication
Garment maker Crystal Group has rolled out a new system to improve internal communication with its workers on areas ranging from company news to updates on sustainability and suggestions for factory improvement.
The new Crystal Enterprise Mobility (CEM) technology consists of a series of applications for mobile devices such as personal smartphones or tablets, which were co-developed by Crystal Group, Microsoft and DynaSys Solutions.
While the CEM is primarily designed for office personnel, Crystal Group has also installed touch-screen display panels at one of its denim factories in China to enhance worker communication.
As well as sharing company news, the display panels enable interactive operations and have already been used to conduct online surveys, collect opinions from workers on remuneration, as well as feedback and suggestions for factory improvement.
The enterprise mobility strategy "helps convey our corporate culture and values to our people which eventually converts hearts and minds to form a more synergised force," said Catherine Chiu, general manager of corporate quality and sustainability department, Crystal Group.
Crystal's Chinese T-shirt factory also offers a free wireless internet service that "connects distant families" and offers "learning opportunities to workers," Chiu adds.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- US Q2 in brief: Shoe Carnival, J Crew, Aeropostale
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020