HONG KONG: Crystal Group strives to improve worker communication
Garment maker Crystal Group has rolled out a new system to improve internal communication with its workers on areas ranging from company news to updates on sustainability and suggestions for factory improvement.
The new Crystal Enterprise Mobility (CEM) technology consists of a series of applications for mobile devices such as personal smartphones or tablets, which were co-developed by Crystal Group, Microsoft and DynaSys Solutions.
While the CEM is primarily designed for office personnel, Crystal Group has also installed touch-screen display panels at one of its denim factories in China to enhance worker communication.
As well as sharing company news, the display panels enable interactive operations and have already been used to conduct online surveys, collect opinions from workers on remuneration, as well as feedback and suggestions for factory improvement.
The enterprise mobility strategy "helps convey our corporate culture and values to our people which eventually converts hearts and minds to form a more synergised force," said Catherine Chiu, general manager of corporate quality and sustainability department, Crystal Group.
Crystal's Chinese T-shirt factory also offers a free wireless internet service that "connects distant families" and offers "learning opportunities to workers," Chiu adds.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape