MEXICO: Customs Chiefs Launch Probe Into Inditex Imports
The company behind brands such as Zara and Bershka said exports to the Latin American country have been hit with a provisional 35 per cent duty instead of the standard five per cent while the probe is carried out.
Mexican newspaper Cinco Dias said the customs investigation will try and find out if the imports of apparel made in Spain actually came from Asia. It added the probe could last almost a year.
Inditex makes around 80 per cent of its apparel in Europe with around 20 per cent produced in Asia. It enjoys annual sales of around 300 million euros in Mexico.
Companies: Inditex SA
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Retail chain operator Inditex says that same-store sales for the second quarter ended 31 July are 'going well', AFX News reported....
Maria Castellano, deputy chairman of Spanish retail group Inditex SA, says the company plans to operate a total of 109 stores throughout Asia compared to the current 16 by 2009, the Expansion newspape...
Spanish fashion group Industria de Diseno Textil SA (Inditex) is planning to launch its Zara chain on to Norwegian market in 2006, according to the business's Scandinavian manager Jesper Carvalho Ande...
Spanish retailer Inditex has reported a 19 per cent hike in first-quarter net sales after the group increased its selling areas and its same-store sales....
Leading luxury department store chain Selfridges has banned all fur goods from its shops....
Fashion group Industria de Diseno Textil SA (Inditex) has named Pablo Isla as its new chief executive officer....
Spain's Hinojosa and Garcia Quiroz families, the founding entrepreneurs behind Spanish retail giant Cortefiel, have agreed to sell their 52 per cent stake to CVC European Equity Partners, the UK-based...
Spanish fashion giant Inditex has opened its first store in Costa Rica under the Zara name....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar