UK: CVC, Texas Bid £1.66bn For Retailer Debenhams
CVC Capital and Texas Pacific have offered 455 pence per share for the London-based operator of more than 100 stores which beats Permira's earlier offer of 425p per share.
The new offer is backed by the retailer’s chief executive and independent directors but city experts expect Permira to hit back with an improved offer.
In a statement released shortly after news of the rival bid emerged, the Permira consortium said it was considering its position and a further announcement would be made in due course if appropriate.
Debenhams last week posted a 3.9 per cent rise in second half same-store sales on the back of strong demand for its women's fashions.
The group said total sales for the six months ended August 30 climbed 7.7 per cent despite the summer heatwave, while for the full year, total sales climbed 6.7 per cent year-on-year with same-store sales up 3.7 per cent.
Companies: Debenhams Plc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Speakers at this year's ASBCI conference defined the changing landscape of global sourcing and spelt out sourcing options in new world of open trading. They agreed that branding, product differentiati...
Thai Garment Export Co Ltd is Thailand's largest clothing producer. It turns over an FOB value of US$170 million a year and employs 9,500 people. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Hong Kong based...
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Department store chain Debenhams has reported a 123 per cent hike in annual profit and said it is optimistic on future growth....
Fashion designer Ozwald Boateng and his company Bespoke Couture have won a drawn-out court battle with Marchpole Holdings over a licensed diffusion line....
The ex-boss of collapsed department store chain Allders is in discussions to take over the lead of supermarket giant Tesco's clothing division, according to a report in The Sunday Times newspaper....
Upmarket department store Liberty has announced the banning of fur items from its store following mounting pressure from animal rights campaigners....
Department store operator Debenhams is planning to grow its business into India, and is also considering expanding into the Chinese market....
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Is China losing its edge as a US apparel supplier?
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report