USA: Cyberplex Creates Internet Presence For The Cato Corporation
The Cato Corporation (Nasdaq: CACOA), a leading fashion specialty retailer, based in Charlotte, specializing in value-priced women's apparel, partnered with Cyberplex Inc. (Toronto: CX), one of North America's leading Internet professional services companies, to create a national Web site for the growing retail chain.Impressed by Cyberplex's strong retail Web development experience, Cato hired the Company to build a Web site that would not only increase customer awareness through store listings and company information, but also successfully translate the retailer's industry-leading fashion philosophy, "Look Smart. Buy Smart." to the Internet."We're protective of our brand and wanted our Web site, our first foray onto the Internet, to effectively showcase who we are as a company," said John P. Derham Cato, Vice Chairman, President and CEO, Cato. "We were pleased with the expertise CX brought to the project. The site is both welcoming and professional and it gives us a good platform to build additional functionality going forward."The Cato Web site interface design optimizes contemporary fonts and photography to convey the popular Cato brand, one that emphasizes quality, style and value pricing. Users can view a sample of the latest Cato fashions and accessories, read up on fashion tips and learn about current corporate job postings. Financial information about Cato has also been made available on the Web site for interested investors and business partners."It was critical for Cato that its Web presence communicate the incredibly positive things going on within the chain," said Joe Mahaffey, director of client development, Cyberplex. "CX has built a solid reputation for successfully taking brands from the shelves to the Internet. We're helping Cato reach customers in a whole new way."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Where next for retailers in a saturated market?
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020