USA: Cyberplex Creates Internet Presence For The Cato Corporation
The Cato Corporation (Nasdaq: CACOA), a leading fashion specialty retailer, based in Charlotte, specializing in value-priced women's apparel, partnered with Cyberplex Inc. (Toronto: CX), one of North America's leading Internet professional services companies, to create a national Web site for the growing retail chain.Impressed by Cyberplex's strong retail Web development experience, Cato hired the Company to build a Web site that would not only increase customer awareness through store listings and company information, but also successfully translate the retailer's industry-leading fashion philosophy, "Look Smart. Buy Smart." to the Internet."We're protective of our brand and wanted our Web site, our first foray onto the Internet, to effectively showcase who we are as a company," said John P. Derham Cato, Vice Chairman, President and CEO, Cato. "We were pleased with the expertise CX brought to the project. The site is both welcoming and professional and it gives us a good platform to build additional functionality going forward."The Cato Web site interface design optimizes contemporary fonts and photography to convey the popular Cato brand, one that emphasizes quality, style and value pricing. Users can view a sample of the latest Cato fashions and accessories, read up on fashion tips and learn about current corporate job postings. Financial information about Cato has also been made available on the Web site for interested investors and business partners."It was critical for Cato that its Web presence communicate the incredibly positive things going on within the chain," said Joe Mahaffey, director of client development, Cyberplex. "CX has built a solid reputation for successfully taking brands from the shelves to the Internet. We're helping Cato reach customers in a whole new way."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- US Q4 in brief – Macy's, Walmart, VF Corp
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar