USA: Cyberplex Creates Internet Presence For The Cato Corporation
The Cato Corporation (Nasdaq: CACOA), a leading fashion specialty retailer, based in Charlotte, specializing in value-priced women's apparel, partnered with Cyberplex Inc. (Toronto: CX), one of North America's leading Internet professional services companies, to create a national Web site for the growing retail chain.Impressed by Cyberplex's strong retail Web development experience, Cato hired the Company to build a Web site that would not only increase customer awareness through store listings and company information, but also successfully translate the retailer's industry-leading fashion philosophy, "Look Smart. Buy Smart." to the Internet."We're protective of our brand and wanted our Web site, our first foray onto the Internet, to effectively showcase who we are as a company," said John P. Derham Cato, Vice Chairman, President and CEO, Cato. "We were pleased with the expertise CX brought to the project. The site is both welcoming and professional and it gives us a good platform to build additional functionality going forward."The Cato Web site interface design optimizes contemporary fonts and photography to convey the popular Cato brand, one that emphasizes quality, style and value pricing. Users can view a sample of the latest Cato fashions and accessories, read up on fashion tips and learn about current corporate job postings. Financial information about Cato has also been made available on the Web site for interested investors and business partners."It was critical for Cato that its Web presence communicate the incredibly positive things going on within the chain," said Joe Mahaffey, director of client development, Cyberplex. "CX has built a solid reputation for successfully taking brands from the shelves to the Internet. We're helping Cato reach customers in a whole new way."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar