US: Cygne Designs widens Q1 loss
Women's apparel maker Cygne Designs Inc has widened its first quarter loss on lower sales and severance and compensation costs.
The New York based firm, which makes branded and private label women's denim, casual and career apparel, posted a net loss of $3.8m, or $0.10 loss per share, compared to a loss of $1.37m, or $0.05 per share in the same period last year.
The loss includes expenses of $1.281m in severance and compensation costs to the former and current CEOs.
Net sales for the three months to 30 April were down 26.7% to $15.28m from $20.86m in last year's quarter.
A $12.046m drop in sales of branded garments was partially offset by a $5.56m rise in private label sales and a $906,000 increase in non-denim products.
Gross profit fell 86.9% to $547,000, from $4.17m in the first quarter of 2007, and gross margins dropped to 3.6% from 20%.
New York based women's wear maker Cygne Designs Inc has swung to a second quarter loss of $16.62m after it lost its two major customers....
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack