USA: Cynthia Harriss Named President Of Gap Brand
Apparel giant Gap Inc has named Cynthia Harriss, currently president of Gap Inc Outlet, as new president of the Gap brand.
Harriss will take up the new post on 2 May and will oversee all aspects of the Gap brand in North America.
The position was left vacant when former Gap President, Gary Muto, took on the position of president for Gap Inc's new fourth brand in September 2004.
Harriss, who joined Gap Inc in February 2004, will continue to serve on the company's executive leadership team.
Senior vice president of merchandising for Gap Inc Outlet, Diane Neal, will assume Harriss' position as president for Gap Inc Outlet.
Gap Inc is a leading international specialty retailer selling clothing, accessories and personal care products for men, women, children and babies under the Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy brand names. Gap operates about 3,000 stores in the US, the UK, Canada, France and Japan.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
In this, her second report on Thailand's textile industry, Niki Tait looks at projects aimed at preparing Thai manufacturers for the global market and assesses the sector's post-quota future....
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Feet are going to be warm and cosy next winter. Fur, both real and synthetic, was all around at the latest GDS shoe fair in Germany, on the inside and outside of shoes as well as boots, writes Penny L...
Apparel retail giant Gap Inc has reported static net sales of $1.04 billion for the four-week period ended 30 July 2005, and a four per cent fall in same-store sales compared to a 5 per cent drop last...
Apparel giant Gap Inc has published its 2004 social responsibility report, in which it underscores its ongoing commitment to improving conditions in both its own sourcing base and throughout the globa...
Gap Inc yesterday said sales at stores open at least one year were flat in June, ending seven straight months of same-store sales declines....
Business analytics company Appian Analytics Inc has signed an agreement with clothing giant Gap Inc to provide business analytics and reporting services for monitoring performance across Gap brands in...
Apparel giant Gap Inc says it will open two branches of its Banana Republic chain in Tokyo later this summer....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report