CANADA: Danier Leather pilots RFID software
Canadian leather clothing and accessories retailer Danier Leather is to run an RFID pilot test to evaluate the technology's performance and quantify the return on investment.
The retailer, which sells its products through 89 Canadian shopping mall, street-front and large format power-centre stores, will trial Truecount's RFID software in three of its locations.
Of particular interest is the real-time replenishment feature.
"When customers can't find what they expect or are looking for, they may leave the store empty-handed," explains Zander Livingston, Truecount's CEO.
"Therefore, it is important that items received from the distribution centres are placed on the sales floor as quickly as possible to reduce out-of-stocks and to ensure that every item is correctly represented."
Phil Cutter, CIO for Danier, adds: "Truecount's replenishment list simplifies the monitoring of what is on the sales floor and in the stock room at all times. As items are sold a replenishment list is automatically generated to move items from the stock room to the selling floor."
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- US cotton production set to decline
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details