CANADA: Danier Leather Suffers Q3 Profit Slide
Leather and suede clothing maker and retailer Danier Leather Inc on Wednesday posted a sharp slide in third quarter profit amid weak consumer spending and shipment delays caused by avalanches and a train smash. The Toronto-based company reported a net profit of C$454,000 for the quarter to March 29 versus C$2.5 million in the year-ago period, with sales down 11 per cent to C$41.4m from C$46.5m in early 2002.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs