US: Danny and Nicole Group names Gaynor as CEO
International women’s apparel firm The Danny and Nicole Group has set its sights on expanding into new categories after hiring Phillip Gaynor to the newly-created position of chief executive officer.
The firm, which currently makes a portfolio of branded and private label women’s collections, will now launch a coordinated, multi-brand category expansion led by Mr Gaynor.
This will include the signing of licensee partners across eight portfolio companies, business expansion into Asia, Africa and the Middle East, and the development of new category collections.
He will also initiate all brand equity and marketing programs for the entire group of companies representing apparel from moderate classic through contemporary.
Phillip Gaynor’s career includes long-term, executive positions at MLS Designs of Maggie London International, THL Inc, Laundry, The Gillian Group and Richard Warren.
He was most recently CEO of an apparel division at a NY-based private equity firm focusing on a complete restructure of technical men’s and women’s apparel and dress category brands.
Privately-held Danny and Nicole, which is owned by Siouni and Zar Corporation, is involved in private label sourcing and manufacturing for Chico’s, Cache, Ann Taylor and Dress Barn, and also has its own collections under the Taylor Dresses, Julian Taylor, DN Design, Dana K and Danny and Nicole labels.
Women's wear retailer Cache Inc today (10 November) described its third quarter results as "disappointing," even though higher sales helped narrow its losses....
Apparel retail group Dress Barn posted a strong increase in fourth quarter profit, aided by a healthy contribution from its recently acquired Justice chain....
Women's wear label Cache Cache, part of French fashion retail group Beaumanoir, is poised to enter the lingerie segment. ...
Dress Barn shareholders are to vote on the company's reorganisation in December, at its annual meeting....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Opportunities and Applications for Digital Textile Printing
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details