US: Danny and Nicole Group names Gaynor as CEO
International women’s apparel firm The Danny and Nicole Group has set its sights on expanding into new categories after hiring Phillip Gaynor to the newly-created position of chief executive officer.
The firm, which currently makes a portfolio of branded and private label women’s collections, will now launch a coordinated, multi-brand category expansion led by Mr Gaynor.
This will include the signing of licensee partners across eight portfolio companies, business expansion into Asia, Africa and the Middle East, and the development of new category collections.
He will also initiate all brand equity and marketing programs for the entire group of companies representing apparel from moderate classic through contemporary.
Phillip Gaynor’s career includes long-term, executive positions at MLS Designs of Maggie London International, THL Inc, Laundry, The Gillian Group and Richard Warren.
He was most recently CEO of an apparel division at a NY-based private equity firm focusing on a complete restructure of technical men’s and women’s apparel and dress category brands.
Privately-held Danny and Nicole, which is owned by Siouni and Zar Corporation, is involved in private label sourcing and manufacturing for Chico’s, Cache, Ann Taylor and Dress Barn, and also has its own collections under the Taylor Dresses, Julian Taylor, DN Design, Dana K and Danny and Nicole labels.
Women's wear retailer Cache Inc today (10 November) described its third quarter results as "disappointing," even though higher sales helped narrow its losses....
Apparel retail group Dress Barn posted a strong increase in fourth quarter profit, aided by a healthy contribution from its recently acquired Justice chain....
Women's wear label Cache Cache, part of French fashion retail group Beaumanoir, is poised to enter the lingerie segment. ...
Dress Barn shareholders are to vote on the company's reorganisation in December, at its annual meeting....
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- LVMH to sell Donna Karan to G-III for US$650m
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020