USA: Danskin Reaches Licensing Agreement With Jacques Moret
Danskin Inc, a designer, manufacturer and marketer of women's activewear and dancewear, has announced that it has reached a licensing agreement with Jacques Moret Inc, a major designer, marketer and distributor of women's and children's activewear and bodywear for the distribution of its Freestyle line of activewear for women and girls.
By exclusive license with Danskin, Jacques Moret will distribute the Freestyle product lines to upscale mass merchants throughout the United States. Danskin will retain design approval.
Carol Hochman, president and chief executive officer of Danskin said: "Danskin has made tremendous gains in its transformation from strictly a manufacturer to a brand manager and marketer. We see this relationship with Jacques Moret as a significant and progressive step in the development of the company's branding strategy."
Joey Harary, president of Jacques Moret, said: "We are very enthusiastic about the combination of talent and strengths of Jacques Moret with the value of a Danskin brand name. This licensing agreement for the distribution of the Freestyle product lines to upscale mass merchants is an excellent opportunity for mutual growth of the Jacques Moret and Danskin brands. We maintain substantial relationships with many stores under various brands, and look forward to continued success with the addition of a Danskin brand to our portfolio."
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020