FRANCE: Dassault unveils latest PLM platform
The latest release of Dassault Systèmes' Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) platform has been designed to connect apparel sourcing and production offices to brand and retail headquarters.
The company says the Enovia Apparel Accelerator for Sourcing and Production manages not only sampling, testing, RFQ (Request for Quote) and costing activities, but also related pre-production activities.
This means apparel brands can refine their global sourcing plan strategies to a combination of supplier, factory, factory or country of origin (COO) - enabling analysis and implementation of sourcing distribution, budgeting and workload plans.
Vendor capacity plans may be generated and validated directly with the supply base directly.
And pre-purchase order related assortment details can be managed by sourcing, allowing pre-production related activities to be tracked and managed without needing to generate a FGPO (Finished Goods Purchase Order).
As part of the V6R2010 package there is also a new tool called V6 PLM Express, which has been tailored specifically for mid-market businesses and small teams within large organisations.
In recent months, says Dassault, its V6 collaborative platform has been adopted by apparel firms including Guess, UnderArmour, and Trent Ltd.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Lectra has promoted Philippe Ribera as software marketing director responsible for the definition and implementation of the group's software marketing action plans - including the Lectra Fashion PLM (...
TradeStone Software has released a new Creative Design module that further extends and strengthens its PLM capabilities....
US-based Gerber Technology has announced the strategic acquisition of supply chain technology firm Yunique Solutions....
Stony Apparel, maker of branded and private label fashion for girls and juniors, is implementing the Global Enterprise System software suite from NGC (New Generation Computing) to help streamline busi...
Canadian fashion and footwear retailer Le Chateau Inc has selected TradeStone's merchandise lifecycle management software to help grow its international sourcing and product development....
New features and a standardised interface between its Fashion PLM tool and full M3 Enterprise Management System are among the latest updates to Lawson's product lifecycle management (PLM) solution....
Apparel software firm Visual 2000 International has unveiled the latest release of its PLM (product lifecycle management) solution ahead of schedule....
NGC (New Generation Computing) has added new analytic and reporting capabilities to its PLM, global sourcing and ERP solutions to help companies speed their decision-making....
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack