USA: Datacolor's New Colorite Studios Help Enhance Color Communications
Datacolor, one of the world's leading color technology suppliers across a broad range of industries, today announced the worldwide opening of its Colorite Studios. The Studios are designed as optimal viewing areas for the company's award-winning color communications software, Colorite. They provide the ideal setting in which to explore the power of digital color sampling.The new Colorite Studios also allow customers to experience, first hand, Colorite as an integral part of a revolutionary new Color Information Management System (CIMS). CIMS is Datacolor's complete computerized environment for color measuring, matching, quality control and communication. As a key part of the CIMS package, Colorite lets everyone involved in a color decision -- designers, colorant suppliers, and production -- see and communicate color digitally. On-screen color viewing eliminates the costly practice of mailing color samples back and forth between locations.The technology cuts the cost of samples and development time in half and helps companies move forward rapidly with production in order to deliver products with the benefit of savings in administrative costs.CIMS' technology utilizes Internet access, compatible PCs with software, computer monitors and a measuring instrument. The monitors are accurately calibrated by the Colorite software and are used with a color spectrophotometer, which is an instrument for color measurement. Colorite software enables visual color communication and Color Tools software ensures precise numerical color quality control.Now, someone seated in a Colorite Studio can experience the entire CIMS process, including:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Lenzing unveils new sustainability strategy
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar