US: Datacolour manages colour accuracy with Viewport
Datacolor has launched Viewport, a cloud-based technology solution that captures colour-accurate product images of non-solid fabrics such as lace, denim, prints and patterns.
The tool is designed for product quality control operators and colour analysts, and is expected to help eliminate the need to ship physical samples by allowing for remote visualisation and colour evaluation.
"Eliminating the need to ship physical samples is a significant benefit to both the supplier and buyer in the supply chain," said Datacolor product marketing manager Eric Alho.
"Datacolor Viewport provides suppliers and their customers the ability to simultaneously view and analyse colour quality in multiple light references using colour-calibrated image capture technology, which simplifies the approval process and ensures that the colour is accurate, consistent, and produced on time."
The cloud server technology lets data be shared instantly and securely anywhere around the globe - along with the ability to approve or reject, archive, and search samples.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015