AUSTRALIA: David Jones Names A Name-Change Day
David Jones is to change the name of former Perth family retail company, Aherns, in May 2002. David Jones took over the major department store chain in February 2000, signalling a return to the Western Australian retail market after an absence of more than 25 years, and the end of the Ahern family's 78 year association with the business. The name change in 2002 will also mark the 80th anniversary of when the family pioneer, Thomas Ahern, opened his first store in May 1922. David Jones WA general manager, John Samartzis, will use the 2002 date to officially open a new multi-million dollar refurbishment and expansion of the Aherns main store in Perth's Hay St Mall. Redevelopment of the site next to the existing store was begun in June 2000 and facilities to connect the two stores will start in April 2001, Samartzis said. He added the new store would use feedback from surveys of Aherns customers on their needs and desires, and would not force Eastern Australian tastes on Western Australians.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective