US: David's Bridal taps Gap's Pamela Wallack as CEO
Wedding dress retailer David's Bridal Inc has appointed Pamela Wallack, the head of Gap's Global Creative Center in New York, as its new chief executive officer.
Wallack, who has been responsible for global design, marketing and production at Gap, will join David's Bridal later this month.
She will help drive the strategic initiatives underway at the company, including expanding the store base, bolstering the e-commerce platform, enhancing customer experience and adding to its fashion brand portfolio.
She has been at specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc since 2005, holding senior positions including president of Gap adult, body and accessories. Prior to Gap, Wallack also worked at Toys R Us, Coach Inc, The Disney Store and Laura Ashley.
David's Bridal was last year sold to private equity firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in a deal that valued the company at $1.05bn.
The Gap is a US apparel specialist retailer which offers casual, mid-tier clothing. It continues to pursue a multi-tier price strategy, operating retail concepts (Banana Republic, Gap, Old Navy, Piper...
Speciality clothing retailer Gap Inc has posted a 4% rise in comparable sales in October, thanks to gains at all three of its global brands....
The Gap Inc offers casual, mid-tier clothing to Mexican consumers through department stores and recently in 2012 by opening its first flagship Gap store in the country....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has promoted Sonia Syngal to lead the company's global supply chain division....
During 2012 women’s outerwear observed the entrance of new competitors which included the arrival of big multinational companies such as The Gap Inc (whose products were previously only distributed th...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead