US: David's Bridal taps Gap's Pamela Wallack as CEO
Wedding dress retailer David's Bridal Inc has appointed Pamela Wallack, the head of Gap's Global Creative Center in New York, as its new chief executive officer.
Wallack, who has been responsible for global design, marketing and production at Gap, will join David's Bridal later this month.
She will help drive the strategic initiatives underway at the company, including expanding the store base, bolstering the e-commerce platform, enhancing customer experience and adding to its fashion brand portfolio.
She has been at specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc since 2005, holding senior positions including president of Gap adult, body and accessories. Prior to Gap, Wallack also worked at Toys R Us, Coach Inc, The Disney Store and Laura Ashley.
David's Bridal was last year sold to private equity firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in a deal that valued the company at $1.05bn.
Speciality clothing retailer Gap Inc has posted a 4% rise in comparable sales in October, thanks to gains at all three of its global brands....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has promoted Sonia Syngal to lead the company's global supply chain division....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has signed an exclusive franchise agreement with luxury fashion firm Oroton Group to develop the brand in Australia and New Zealand....
Upscale denim brand True Religion Apparel has tapped Gap's Rosella Giuliani as its new senior vice president of merchandising with immediate effect....
Upscale footwear, handbags and accessories retailer Coach Inc has today (22 October) reported a slight decline in first-quarter profit, hurt by weaker sales in North America....
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at how the growing retail market in Asia-Pacific may help Sri Lanka to become a regional production hub, Bangladesh garment exports increas...
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Under Armour makes lifestyle push with new brand
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- LVMH to sell Donna Karan to G-III for US$650m
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020