US: David's Bridal taps Gap's Pamela Wallack as CEO
Wedding dress retailer David's Bridal Inc has appointed Pamela Wallack, the head of Gap's Global Creative Center in New York, as its new chief executive officer.
Wallack, who has been responsible for global design, marketing and production at Gap, will join David's Bridal later this month.
She will help drive the strategic initiatives underway at the company, including expanding the store base, bolstering the e-commerce platform, enhancing customer experience and adding to its fashion brand portfolio.
She has been at specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc since 2005, holding senior positions including president of Gap adult, body and accessories. Prior to Gap, Wallack also worked at Toys R Us, Coach Inc, The Disney Store and Laura Ashley.
David's Bridal was last year sold to private equity firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in a deal that valued the company at $1.05bn.
The Gap is a US apparel specialist retailer which offers casual, mid-tier clothing. It continues to pursue a multi-tier price strategy, operating retail concepts (Banana Republic, Gap, Old Navy, Piper...
Speciality clothing retailer Gap Inc has posted a 4% rise in comparable sales in October, thanks to gains at all three of its global brands....
The Gap Inc offers casual, mid-tier clothing to Mexican consumers through department stores and recently in 2012 by opening its first flagship Gap store in the country....
Canadean's "The Gap, Inc. : Retail - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key...
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has promoted Sonia Syngal to lead the company's global supply chain division....
This report analyzes the worldwide market for Denim Jeans in US$ Million and Million Units....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- US cotton production set to decline
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details