US: David's Bridal taps Gap's Pamela Wallack as CEO
Wedding dress retailer David's Bridal Inc has appointed Pamela Wallack, the head of Gap's Global Creative Center in New York, as its new chief executive officer.
Wallack, who has been responsible for global design, marketing and production at Gap, will join David's Bridal later this month.
She will help drive the strategic initiatives underway at the company, including expanding the store base, bolstering the e-commerce platform, enhancing customer experience and adding to its fashion brand portfolio.
She has been at specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc since 2005, holding senior positions including president of Gap adult, body and accessories. Prior to Gap, Wallack also worked at Toys R Us, Coach Inc, The Disney Store and Laura Ashley.
David's Bridal was last year sold to private equity firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in a deal that valued the company at $1.05bn.
The Gap is a US apparel specialist retailer which offers casual, mid-tier clothing. It continues to pursue a multi-tier price strategy, operating retail concepts (Banana Republic, Gap, Old Navy, Piper...
Speciality clothing retailer Gap Inc has posted a 4% rise in comparable sales in October, thanks to gains at all three of its global brands....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has promoted Sonia Syngal to lead the company's global supply chain division....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has signed an exclusive franchise agreement with luxury fashion firm Oroton Group to develop the brand in Australia and New Zealand....
Upscale denim brand True Religion Apparel has tapped Gap's Rosella Giuliani as its new senior vice president of merchandising with immediate effect....
Upscale footwear, handbags and accessories retailer Coach Inc has today (22 October) reported a slight decline in first-quarter profit, hurt by weaker sales in North America....
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- Supply chain mapping using the Bitcoin blockchain
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Asian union development and the Western response
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- New dye-sublimation printers for sportswear
- Clothing a top category for mass personalisation
- Exports of lower cotton content denim treble
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects