UK: Dawson chief executive steps down
Andy Bartmess, chief executive of Scottish cashmere company Dawson International, is to leave the business with effect from the end of September.
Bartmess led the development of the company’s US Dawson Forte business before being appointed as COO in 2006, moving up to the chief executive position a year later.
Dawson said David Bolton would assume an expanded role as a result, becoming executive chairman with immediate effect.
Meanwhile, Jim Carrie, managing director of Barrie Knitwear, the company’s UK knitwear business, will take over as COO.
Bolton wished Bartmess well, voicing the board’s gratitude for his “significant contribution” during 14 years with the group.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Knitwear and home furnishings group Dawson International Plc has reiterated its warning that higher cashmere and cotton costs are set to weigh on its performance in the coming year - with with US knit...
Cashmere and home furnishings group Dawson International Plc today (21 January) warned that higher cotton and cashmere prices are set to weigh on its performance in the coming year - with US knitwear ...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story. ...
Cashmere yarn spinner Todd & Duncan has promoted its finance director Iain Cormack to the additional role of deputy managing director....
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar