UK: Debenhams Appoints New CEO After Green's Departure
UK department store, Debenhams, has a new woman at the helm - Belinda Earl, formerly the company's trading director. Terry Green has resigned as a director and chief executive of the chain to "pursue a new business opportunity". He said: "After nearly nine years as chief executive of Debenhams, I have taken the decision to resign to pursue a new challenge. "I am confident that the business is well set for continuing success under the leadership of Belinda Earl." Commenting on her appointment, Belinda Earl, who has been with the company since 1985, said: "This is a marvellous opportunity and I am delighted to have been asked to take it on. "We have a first-class team at Debenhams and I look forward to working with them to build on our powerful track record." Peter Jarvis, chairman of Debenhams said: "We have an excellent management team at Debenhams with considerable strength and depth. "Belinda has been a key member of the team for many years and her appointment is the natural next step for the business. "Debenhams is well poised to build on its leading market position and the successful strategy we have developed over recent years."There has been some speculation in the press about former CEO Terry Green's next venture. Some sources have linked him with Marks & Spencer, but the rumour has not been confirmed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts