UK: Debenhams Extends Its Designer Stable
The store already has around 26 designers on its books, and this number will expand further in the New Year when several new ones are added to the list.
A spokeswoman for Debenhams said: "We are in talks with leading designers all the time."
Jasper Conran, who has worked with Debenhams since 1998 producing fashion and homeware ranges, launches an exciting lingerie range - J by Jasper Conran. It includes microfibre bras, thongs and high leg briefs with a branded metallic gold `J' logo on each piece.
Reger by Janet Reger bridal collection includes bras, suspenders, basques and garters plus sleepwear with beads and sequins.
Menswear designer, Ozwald Boeteng, is another new name to the list. OZ by Ozwald Boeteng casual separates will include a Harrington jacket as well as trousers and shirts. All three new ranges will be launched in February at Debenhams.
Other more recent launches include Edina Ronay Maternity and Edina Ronay footwear.
By Deborah Bowyer
Companies: Debenhams Plc
Speakers at this year's ASBCI conference defined the changing landscape of global sourcing and spelt out sourcing options in new world of open trading. They agreed that branding, product differentiati...
Thai Garment Export Co Ltd is Thailand's largest clothing producer. It turns over an FOB value of US$170 million a year and employs 9,500 people. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Hong Kong based...
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Department store chain Debenhams has reported a 123 per cent hike in annual profit and said it is optimistic on future growth....
Fashion designer Ozwald Boateng and his company Bespoke Couture have won a drawn-out court battle with Marchpole Holdings over a licensed diffusion line....
The ex-boss of collapsed department store chain Allders is in discussions to take over the lead of supermarket giant Tesco's clothing division, according to a report in The Sunday Times newspaper....
Upmarket department store Liberty has announced the banning of fur items from its store following mounting pressure from animal rights campaigners....
Department store operator Debenhams is planning to grow its business into India, and is also considering expanding into the Chinese market....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report