UK: Debenhams To Return To The Stock Market?
UK department store chain Debenhams Plc is looking to make a return to the stock market, according to a report in the Mail on Sunday newspaper.
The business went private at the end of 2003 following a drawn-out £1.7 billion takeover battle.
It is believed that a number of banks are due to meet with the company's executives over the coming weeks to negotiate a possible return to public ownership.
UK retailers have seen generally poor sales since Christmas.
A report published last November by retail consultancy company Verdict showed that UK department stores are losing their hold on the clothing market due to the growing popularity of supermarkets and specialised retailers as places to purchase clothes.
Speakers at this year's ASBCI conference defined the changing landscape of global sourcing and spelt out sourcing options in new world of open trading. They agreed that branding, product differentiati...
Thai Garment Export Co Ltd is Thailand's largest clothing producer. It turns over an FOB value of US$170 million a year and employs 9,500 people. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Hong Kong based...
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Department store chain Debenhams has reported a 123 per cent hike in annual profit and said it is optimistic on future growth....
Fashion designer Ozwald Boateng and his company Bespoke Couture have won a drawn-out court battle with Marchpole Holdings over a licensed diffusion line....
The ex-boss of collapsed department store chain Allders is in discussions to take over the lead of supermarket giant Tesco's clothing division, according to a report in The Sunday Times newspaper....
Upmarket department store Liberty has announced the banning of fur items from its store following mounting pressure from animal rights campaigners....
Department store operator Debenhams is planning to grow its business into India, and is also considering expanding into the Chinese market....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020