UK: Decision On The Future Of Lantor Weaving Delayed
An announcement on the future of a weaving company that has been threatened with closure for the last four months has been delayed.The IPT Group had planned to issue a statement today about Lantor Weaving, which is based at Standish in Lancashire. Lantor Weaving was one of two companies warned in May that it faced the possibility of closure. The other company is Carrington Performance Fabrics, which is based at Dewsbury in West Yorkshire. Since then, IPT has been working to find a potential buyer for the businesses, which produce fabrics for the apparel, sports and leisure industries. A total of 226 people are employed at the two factories.IPT is still talking to a potential buyer for Carrington Performance Fabrics, but the group says there is now little prospect of Lantor Weaving being sold. An announcement on the company's future has been delayed for two to three weeks. IPT finance director Douglas Waddell, however, said that there was still no reason for optimism.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Lenzing unveils new sustainability strategy
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar