UK: Decision On The Future Of Lantor Weaving Delayed
An announcement on the future of a weaving company that has been threatened with closure for the last four months has been delayed.The IPT Group had planned to issue a statement today about Lantor Weaving, which is based at Standish in Lancashire. Lantor Weaving was one of two companies warned in May that it faced the possibility of closure. The other company is Carrington Performance Fabrics, which is based at Dewsbury in West Yorkshire. Since then, IPT has been working to find a potential buyer for the businesses, which produce fabrics for the apparel, sports and leisure industries. A total of 226 people are employed at the two factories.IPT is still talking to a potential buyer for Carrington Performance Fabrics, but the group says there is now little prospect of Lantor Weaving being sold. An announcement on the company's future has been delayed for two to three weeks. IPT finance director Douglas Waddell, however, said that there was still no reason for optimism.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack