UK: Decision On The Future Of Lantor Weaving Delayed
An announcement on the future of a weaving company that has been threatened with closure for the last four months has been delayed.The IPT Group had planned to issue a statement today about Lantor Weaving, which is based at Standish in Lancashire. Lantor Weaving was one of two companies warned in May that it faced the possibility of closure. The other company is Carrington Performance Fabrics, which is based at Dewsbury in West Yorkshire. Since then, IPT has been working to find a potential buyer for the businesses, which produce fabrics for the apparel, sports and leisure industries. A total of 226 people are employed at the two factories.IPT is still talking to a potential buyer for Carrington Performance Fabrics, but the group says there is now little prospect of Lantor Weaving being sold. An announcement on the company's future has been delayed for two to three weeks. IPT finance director Douglas Waddell, however, said that there was still no reason for optimism.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020