UK: Decision On The Future Of Lantor Weaving Delayed
An announcement on the future of a weaving company that has been threatened with closure for the last four months has been delayed.The IPT Group had planned to issue a statement today about Lantor Weaving, which is based at Standish in Lancashire. Lantor Weaving was one of two companies warned in May that it faced the possibility of closure. The other company is Carrington Performance Fabrics, which is based at Dewsbury in West Yorkshire. Since then, IPT has been working to find a potential buyer for the businesses, which produce fabrics for the apparel, sports and leisure industries. A total of 226 people are employed at the two factories.IPT is still talking to a potential buyer for Carrington Performance Fabrics, but the group says there is now little prospect of Lantor Weaving being sold. An announcement on the company's future has been delayed for two to three weeks. IPT finance director Douglas Waddell, however, said that there was still no reason for optimism.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar