US: Deckers and Bearpaw settle over Ugg copies
Footwear firm Deckers Outdoor Corporation has reached a settlement with Tom Romeo and Romeo & Juliette, makers of Bearpaw boots, which it had sued for allegedly copying its best-selling Ugg brand.
Without giving details, the firm yesterday (23 February) said the litigation "was resolved to the parties' mutual satisfaction, by mutual agreement."
Deckers originally filed a lawsuit in November 2010, seeking a court order to stop the alleged copying of the design of several types of Ugg boot "using inferior materials, constructions and craftsmanship."
US shoe manufacturer Deckers has seen its second-quarter losses widen after expenses more than offset rising sales....
Deckers' action outdoor brand Teva has launched its TevaSphere footwear collection, which claims to improve stability for athletes on rocky terrain. ...
Footwear company Deckers has appointed David Powers to the newly created role of president of its direct to consumer division, where he will be responsible for leading the firm's retail and e-commerce...
Footwear company Deckers Outdoor Corp will open its first Ugg for Men flagship store in New York today (6 June). ...
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Where next for Walmart's 3D apparel design pilot?
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis