US: Deckers and Bearpaw settle over Ugg copies
Footwear firm Deckers Outdoor Corporation has reached a settlement with Tom Romeo and Romeo & Juliette, makers of Bearpaw boots, which it had sued for allegedly copying its best-selling Ugg brand.
Without giving details, the firm yesterday (23 February) said the litigation "was resolved to the parties' mutual satisfaction, by mutual agreement."
Deckers originally filed a lawsuit in November 2010, seeking a court order to stop the alleged copying of the design of several types of Ugg boot "using inferior materials, constructions and craftsmanship."
US shoe manufacturer Deckers has seen its second-quarter losses widen after expenses more than offset rising sales....
Deckers' action outdoor brand Teva has launched its TevaSphere footwear collection, which claims to improve stability for athletes on rocky terrain. ...
Footwear company Deckers has appointed David Powers to the newly created role of president of its direct to consumer division, where he will be responsible for leading the firm's retail and e-commerce...
Footwear company Deckers Outdoor Corp will open its first Ugg for Men flagship store in New York today (6 June). ...
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024