USA: Deckers Appoints New Director
Deckers Outdoor Corporation (NASDAQ-DECK) announced today that Mr John Gibbons has been appointed to Deckers' board of directors and to its audit and compensation committees. Mr Gibbons is the newly named president of TMC Communications, a long-distance, data and Internet services provider to businesses and residential customers based in Santa Barbara. From 1994 to February 2000, Mr. Gibbons held various positions including CEO, president and director of The Sports Club Company (AMEX:SCY - news), a developer and operator of health and fitness clubs with locations in California, New York and Nevada. Previously, he served with Com Systems (AMEX:CSI - news) in various positions including general manager and CFO between 1988 and 1993. In addition, Mr Gibbons has served as a financial advisor and a member of the board of directors for Assisted Living Concepts, Inc (AMEX:ALF - news) since March 2000. Douglas Otto, CEO, commented: "We are extremely pleased to welcome John to our board. He brings a tremendous amount of leadership experience, having served in a number of high-level management positions during his career. We are confident that John's insight and input will be invaluable as we better position the company for long-term growth."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Lenzing unveils new sustainability strategy
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar