USA: Deckers Appoints New Director
Deckers Outdoor Corporation (NASDAQ-DECK) announced today that Mr John Gibbons has been appointed to Deckers' board of directors and to its audit and compensation committees. Mr Gibbons is the newly named president of TMC Communications, a long-distance, data and Internet services provider to businesses and residential customers based in Santa Barbara. From 1994 to February 2000, Mr. Gibbons held various positions including CEO, president and director of The Sports Club Company (AMEX:SCY - news), a developer and operator of health and fitness clubs with locations in California, New York and Nevada. Previously, he served with Com Systems (AMEX:CSI - news) in various positions including general manager and CFO between 1988 and 1993. In addition, Mr Gibbons has served as a financial advisor and a member of the board of directors for Assisted Living Concepts, Inc (AMEX:ALF - news) since March 2000. Douglas Otto, CEO, commented: "We are extremely pleased to welcome John to our board. He brings a tremendous amount of leadership experience, having served in a number of high-level management positions during his career. We are confident that John's insight and input will be invaluable as we better position the company for long-term growth."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020