USA: Deckers Appoints New Director
Deckers Outdoor Corporation (NASDAQ-DECK) announced today that Mr John Gibbons has been appointed to Deckers' board of directors and to its audit and compensation committees. Mr Gibbons is the newly named president of TMC Communications, a long-distance, data and Internet services provider to businesses and residential customers based in Santa Barbara. From 1994 to February 2000, Mr. Gibbons held various positions including CEO, president and director of The Sports Club Company (AMEX:SCY - news), a developer and operator of health and fitness clubs with locations in California, New York and Nevada. Previously, he served with Com Systems (AMEX:CSI - news) in various positions including general manager and CFO between 1988 and 1993. In addition, Mr Gibbons has served as a financial advisor and a member of the board of directors for Assisted Living Concepts, Inc (AMEX:ALF - news) since March 2000. Douglas Otto, CEO, commented: "We are extremely pleased to welcome John to our board. He brings a tremendous amount of leadership experience, having served in a number of high-level management positions during his career. We are confident that John's insight and input will be invaluable as we better position the company for long-term growth."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022