US: Deckers Outdoor completes Sanuk shoe deal
US footwear group Deckers Outdoor Corp has completed its purchase of action sport and footwear brand Sanuk.
The US$120m deal includes certain assets and liabilities of Sanuk USA LLC and of C&C Partners, the exclusive licensee for the Sanuk brand in the US, Europe and Canada.
"We are very excited to have completed this compelling acquisition and add Sanuk to our portfolio of brands," said Deckers president, CEO and chairman of the board, Angel Martinez. "It is a young and innovative company that we believe has great growth potential both here in the United States and overseas."
"We look forward to working closely with the Sanuk team and utilising Deckers' global resources to build on the momentum they have created in the marketplace."
TradeCard Inc, the supply chain collaboration platform used by retailers, brands and manufacturers, is expanding in Asia with the addition of former Kurt Salmon consultant Cliff Entrekin to its busine...
Footwear business Deckers Outdoor Corporation raised its full-year guidance after third quarter profit rose 49%, driven by the continued strength of the Ugg brand....
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019