US: Deckers Outdoor headquarters gains LEED certification
Footwear specialist Deckers Outdoor has gained LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) silver certification for its corporate headquarters.
The certification, from the US Green Building Council (USGBC), is awarded for buildings that are energy efficient and environmentally sustainable in design and operation.
The 190,000sq ft headquarters was built to the LEED standard, with measures including: sustainable sites; water efficiency; energy and atmosphere; materials and resources; and indoor environmental quality.
Among the features included in the building are parking spaces reserved for energy-efficient autos and power stations for electric vehicles, bike storage and showering/changing facilities for employees biking to work; environmentally friendly irrigation and water drainage systems; efficient energy and HVAC management systems; and recycled building materials supported by local companies.
"Our commitment to the environment is reflected in our new headquarters," said CEO Angel Martinez. "Achieving LEED certification confirms the considerable effort we put into creating a healthy atmosphere for our employees through a building that is not only an attractive place to work, but also one that is supported by sustainable materials and systems."
Deckers Outdoor Corp is primarily a wholesaler, with customers across the US and a wide distribution network. It also sells directly to consumers through an e-commerce site and through its own retail ...
Apparel and footwear group Deckers Brands has promoted David Lafitte to the position of chief operating officer....
Whilst increasing input costs put upwards pressure on prices, other factors, such as the intense competition and bargain-hunting shoppers, pulled prices down. Apparel marketers continued to struggle t...
Jeff Kelley, the founder of Sanuk footwear, a division of Deckers Brands, is to transition from an active role at the company to take up a new project at the end of the year....
Canadean's "Stella International Holdings Limited - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, ma...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Athletic Footwear market to grow at a CAGR of 1.75 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasi...
Vital industry-specific data including metrics, benchmarks, historic numbers, growth rates and forecasts that will save countless hours of research....
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Myanmar Code of Conduct a first step in compliance
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Abercrombie & Fitch reports “dismal” FY
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- US labour concerns at Honduras apparel makers
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019