US: Deckers Outdoor headquarters gains LEED certification
Footwear specialist Deckers Outdoor has gained LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) silver certification for its corporate headquarters.
The certification, from the US Green Building Council (USGBC), is awarded for buildings that are energy efficient and environmentally sustainable in design and operation.
The 190,000sq ft headquarters was built to the LEED standard, with measures including: sustainable sites; water efficiency; energy and atmosphere; materials and resources; and indoor environmental quality.
Among the features included in the building are parking spaces reserved for energy-efficient autos and power stations for electric vehicles, bike storage and showering/changing facilities for employees biking to work; environmentally friendly irrigation and water drainage systems; efficient energy and HVAC management systems; and recycled building materials supported by local companies.
"Our commitment to the environment is reflected in our new headquarters," said CEO Angel Martinez. "Achieving LEED certification confirms the considerable effort we put into creating a healthy atmosphere for our employees through a building that is not only an attractive place to work, but also one that is supported by sustainable materials and systems."
Apparel and footwear group Deckers Brands said it ended 2015 with "solid momentum" as it revealed an increase in sales and moved to a profit in its fourth-quarter....
Deckers Outdoor Corp is primarily a wholesaler, with customers across the US and a wide distribution network. It also sells directly to consumers through an e-commerce site and through its own retail ...
Whilst increasing input costs put upwards pressure on prices, other factors, such as the intense competition and bargain-hunting shoppers, pulled prices down. Apparel marketers continued to struggle t...
Canadean's "Stella International Holdings Limited - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, ma...
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Factory funding gap has mixed impact in Myanmar
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Bangladesh workers rally for unpaid wages
- Intertek takes garment inspections to Myanmar
- Under Armour lifts outlook after Q2 revenue hike
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020