US: Deckers Outdoor headquarters gains LEED certification
Footwear specialist Deckers Outdoor has gained LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) silver certification for its corporate headquarters.
The certification, from the US Green Building Council (USGBC), is awarded for buildings that are energy efficient and environmentally sustainable in design and operation.
The 190,000sq ft headquarters was built to the LEED standard, with measures including: sustainable sites; water efficiency; energy and atmosphere; materials and resources; and indoor environmental quality.
Among the features included in the building are parking spaces reserved for energy-efficient autos and power stations for electric vehicles, bike storage and showering/changing facilities for employees biking to work; environmentally friendly irrigation and water drainage systems; efficient energy and HVAC management systems; and recycled building materials supported by local companies.
"Our commitment to the environment is reflected in our new headquarters," said CEO Angel Martinez. "Achieving LEED certification confirms the considerable effort we put into creating a healthy atmosphere for our employees through a building that is not only an attractive place to work, but also one that is supported by sustainable materials and systems."
Companies: Deckers Outdoor Corporation
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Apparel and footwear group Deckers Brands has said currency headwinds will impact margins for the full year, after reporting a steeper first-quarter loss....
Apparel and footwear group Deckers Brands said it ended 2015 with "solid momentum" as it revealed an increase in sales and moved to a profit in its fourth-quarter....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016