US: Deckers Outdoor makes senior appointments
Footwear specialist Deckers Outdoor Corp has announced a series of senior management changes, including the promotion of Constance Rishwain to group president of fashion and lifestyle brands.
Rishwain will retain her existing role as president of Ugg Australia. Her new role will focus on building the Ugg Australia and Tsubo brands, and overseeing any fashion and lifestyle brands the company may add to its portfolio in the future.
Dave Powers, president of global direct-to-consumer, has been promoted to president of omnichannel. He will be responsible for all wholesale, distributor, retail and e-commerce channels within Deckers' international markets, as well as its domestic direct-to-consumer operations.
The company has also started a search for a president of brands. The new role will oversee Deckers' brand portfolio by driving best practices in merchandising, design and development across all channels.
"The addition of these new senior management positions reflects the global expansion of our organisation, the strength of our multi-brand portfolio and our transformation into a more consumer-centric organisation emboldened by our evolving omnichannel strategy," said president, CEO and chair Angel Martinez.
The retail industry's NRF 'Big Show,' which took place in New York last week, is an annual opportunity for retailers to tap into the latest technologies for improving everything from customer analysis...
Deckers Outdoor Corp is primarily a wholesaler, with customers across the US and a wide distribution network. It also sells directly to consumers through an e-commerce site and through its own retail ...
Deckers Outdoor Corporation has promoted its vice president of consumer direct, John Kalinich, to head up the group's omni-channel and e-commerce operations....
The impact of rising input costs continued into 2012. In 2011, players across the footwear supply chain worked to manage the high costs of raw materials, labour and transportation, to retain consumers...
Deckers Outdoor Corporation has opened its first-ever "innovation lab" that will serve as testing ground for new technologies and merchandising approaches aimed at improving the omni-channel experienc...
Sportswear in the US was a significant beneficiary of the increasing trend towards health and wellness amongst Americans. The trend is being observed worldwide, with gym memberships booming and consum...
Stephen Murray is to step down as president for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) at footwear specialist Deckers Outdoor Corp at the end of the year....
Whilst increasing input costs put upwards pressure on prices, other factors, such as the intense competition and bargain-hunting shoppers, pulled prices down. Apparel marketers continued to struggle t...
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Mexico's shoe makers blame their woes on China
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects