US: Deckers Outdoor opens innovation lab to lead omnichannel
Deckers Outdoor Corporation has opened its first-ever "innovation lab" that will serve as testing ground for new technologies and merchandising approaches aimed at improving the omni-channel experience.
The brand showcase store at the company's new state-of-the-art headquarters in Goleta, California will feature more than 1,000 SKUs, with products from all Deckers brands, including Ugg Australia, Teva, Sanuk, and Tsubo.
It will offer a platform for the company to continually test new technologies and merchandising approaches, with direct feedback from customers helping Deckers fine-tune how footwear, apparel and accessories are displayed, marketed and delivered.
"With the launch of this 'innovation lab,' we're better able to listen to customers' feedback, make product and service adjustments more efficiently, and heighten the overall customer experience," explains Dave Powers, president of omni-channel for Deckers.
"Shop in store using iPads, customise your product, order online, ship direct to your home free of charge or pick up in store. Whatever the preference, our goal is to align our capabilities to customer demand and help drive customer loyalty."
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- Unravelling cotton's supply and demand challenges
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras