US: Deckers Outdoor opens innovation lab to lead omnichannel
Deckers Outdoor Corporation has opened its first-ever "innovation lab" that will serve as testing ground for new technologies and merchandising approaches aimed at improving the omni-channel experience.
The brand showcase store at the company's new state-of-the-art headquarters in Goleta, California will feature more than 1,000 SKUs, with products from all Deckers brands, including Ugg Australia, Teva, Sanuk, and Tsubo.
It will offer a platform for the company to continually test new technologies and merchandising approaches, with direct feedback from customers helping Deckers fine-tune how footwear, apparel and accessories are displayed, marketed and delivered.
"With the launch of this 'innovation lab,' we're better able to listen to customers' feedback, make product and service adjustments more efficiently, and heighten the overall customer experience," explains Dave Powers, president of omni-channel for Deckers.
"Shop in store using iPads, customise your product, order online, ship direct to your home free of charge or pick up in store. Whatever the preference, our goal is to align our capabilities to customer demand and help drive customer loyalty."
Deckers Outdoor Corp is primarily a wholesaler, with customers across the US and a wide distribution network. It also sells directly to consumers through an e-commerce site and through its own retail ...
Whilst increasing input costs put upwards pressure on prices, other factors, such as the intense competition and bargain-hunting shoppers, pulled prices down. Apparel marketers continued to struggle t...
Apparel and footwear group Deckers Brands has promoted David Lafitte to the position of chief operating officer....
Vital industry-specific data including metrics, benchmarks, historic numbers, growth rates and forecasts that will save countless hours of research....
Canadean's "Stella International Holdings Limited - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, ma...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Athletic Footwear market to grow at a CAGR of 1.75 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasi...
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can technology shape a sustainable fashion future?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Talks progressing on Myanmar minimum wage
- Under Armour unveils newest retail presence
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015