US: Deckers Outdoor Q4 earnings and sales climb
- Q4 net profit up 43.6%
- Gross margin improves 480 bsp
- Sales grow 19.2%
Footwear specialist Deckers Outdoor Corp said its fourth-quarter performance capped off "a year of solid strategic progress" as it booked increases in both earnings and sales.
Net profit climbed 43.6% to US$140.9m from $98.1m in the year ago period. Gross margin improved 480 basis points to 51.1% in the three months to the end of December.
Sales were up 19.2% to $736m compared to $617.3m for the same period last year. Retail sales grew 31.4% to $178m, while same store sales increased 6.1%.
The group's e-commerce sales were up 33.9% to $117.3m, and in the firm's international division, revenues increased 32.1% to $225.3m. At home sales increased 14.3% to $510.7m.
Sales and earnings growth were driven by strong full price selling throughout each of the firm's distribution channels and geographic regions, it said.
"We believe that the concerted investments we are making in our brands, distribution platforms and infrastructure are leading to improved financial and operating results as we expand our direct-to-consumer footprint and elevate our omni-channel resources," said CEO Angel Martinez.
For the full year, Deckers expects revenues to increase around 10% over 2013 levels, and EPS to increase by around 8%.
British footwear brand Dr Martens has appointed Deckers Outdoor executive Steve Murray as its chief executive officer....
Deckers Outdoor Corp is primarily a wholesaler, with customers across the US and a wide distribution network. It also sells directly to consumers through an e-commerce site and through its own retail ...
Footwear specialist Deckers Outdoor has gained LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) silver certification for its corporate headquarters....
Whilst increasing input costs put upwards pressure on prices, other factors, such as the intense competition and bargain-hunting shoppers, pulled prices down. Apparel marketers continued to struggle t...
- Alliance and Accord urged to harmonise efforts
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Tesco update: What the analysts say
- China cuts cotton imports to boost domestic sales
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Apparel is third-largest re-shored US sector
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Fashion brands support Cambodia wage rise
- China dye-maker to shut after desert pollution
- Trial cotton subsidy scheme underway in China
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report