US: Deckers Outdoor Q4 earnings and sales climb
- Q4 net profit up 43.6%
- Gross margin improves 480 bsp
- Sales grow 19.2%
Footwear specialist Deckers Outdoor Corp said its fourth-quarter performance capped off "a year of solid strategic progress" as it booked increases in both earnings and sales.
Net profit climbed 43.6% to US$140.9m from $98.1m in the year ago period. Gross margin improved 480 basis points to 51.1% in the three months to the end of December.
Sales were up 19.2% to $736m compared to $617.3m for the same period last year. Retail sales grew 31.4% to $178m, while same store sales increased 6.1%.
The group's e-commerce sales were up 33.9% to $117.3m, and in the firm's international division, revenues increased 32.1% to $225.3m. At home sales increased 14.3% to $510.7m.
Sales and earnings growth were driven by strong full price selling throughout each of the firm's distribution channels and geographic regions, it said.
"We believe that the concerted investments we are making in our brands, distribution platforms and infrastructure are leading to improved financial and operating results as we expand our direct-to-consumer footprint and elevate our omni-channel resources," said CEO Angel Martinez.
For the full year, Deckers expects revenues to increase around 10% over 2013 levels, and EPS to increase by around 8%.
Canadean's "Stella International Holdings Limited - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, ma...
Apparel and footwear group Deckers Brands has promoted David Lafitte to the position of chief operating officer....
Vital industry-specific data including metrics, benchmarks, historic numbers, growth rates and forecasts that will save countless hours of research....
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Overcapacity in China could reshape fibre markets
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- US Q2 in brief - G-III Apparel, A&F, Sears
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras