US: Deckers Outdoor Q4 earnings and sales climb
- Q4 net profit up 43.6%
- Gross margin improves 480 bsp
- Sales grow 19.2%
Footwear specialist Deckers Outdoor Corp said its fourth-quarter performance capped off "a year of solid strategic progress" as it booked increases in both earnings and sales.
Net profit climbed 43.6% to US$140.9m from $98.1m in the year ago period. Gross margin improved 480 basis points to 51.1% in the three months to the end of December.
Sales were up 19.2% to $736m compared to $617.3m for the same period last year. Retail sales grew 31.4% to $178m, while same store sales increased 6.1%.
The group's e-commerce sales were up 33.9% to $117.3m, and in the firm's international division, revenues increased 32.1% to $225.3m. At home sales increased 14.3% to $510.7m.
Sales and earnings growth were driven by strong full price selling throughout each of the firm's distribution channels and geographic regions, it said.
"We believe that the concerted investments we are making in our brands, distribution platforms and infrastructure are leading to improved financial and operating results as we expand our direct-to-consumer footprint and elevate our omni-channel resources," said CEO Angel Martinez.
For the full year, Deckers expects revenues to increase around 10% over 2013 levels, and EPS to increase by around 8%.
The US Supreme Court has declined to hear an appeal by footwear specialist Deckers Outdoor on whether its Ugg boots should be subject to a lower import duty....
Deckers Outdoor Corp is primarily a wholesaler, with customers across the US and a wide distribution network. It also sells directly to consumers through an e-commerce site and through its own retail ...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a court ruling that Deckers Teva sports sandal is not a sports shoe, the reaction by Nike and Adidas to claims toxic chemicals are in some World C...
The impact of rising input costs continued into 2012. In 2011, players across the footwear supply chain worked to manage the high costs of raw materials, labour and transportation, to retain consumers...
The US Court of Appeal has ruled that Deckers' Teva sports sandals are classified as other slip-on footwear and not as sports footwear....
Sportswear in the US was a significant beneficiary of the increasing trend towards health and wellness amongst Americans. The trend is being observed worldwide, with gym memberships booming and consum...
Deckers Outdoor Corporation has moved to a loss in its first-quarter but reported sales that beat its estimates....
Whilst increasing input costs put upwards pressure on prices, other factors, such as the intense competition and bargain-hunting shoppers, pulled prices down. Apparel marketers continued to struggle t...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change