US: Deckers Outdoor selects PTC PLM for faster design
Footwear maker Deckers Outdoor Corporation, whose brands include Teva, Simple Shoes, and Ugg Australia, has selected the PTC Windchill Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software to enhance product development and production.
The tool will optimise efficiency by enabling collaboration between the merchandising, design, product development and sourcing teams early in the design process.
While some of the challenges facing the footwear industry are unique, it also encounters a host of other issues common to all manufacturers today, such as cost, time-to-market, and the need to coordinate a global workforce.
For Deckers, global expansion meant a system was needed to connect disparate data sources, leading to a more efficient product design and development environment and faster time-to-market.
By implementing FlexPLM, PTC's Windchill-based enterprise PLM solution, the company will be able provide increased visibility throughout the entire development initiative, beginning with initial design.
"Our main goal in implementing a PLM solution was to enhance efficient development and production processes," explains Mark Fegley, senior vice president of supply chain, Deckers.
"Having a 'single source of truth' is vital to sustaining and growing our bottom-line."
Consultant Walter Wilhelm Associates (WWA) has joined forces with Setlog to offer the company's Online Supply Chain Accelerator (OSCA) system solution to markets in North and Latin America....
Apparel maker Western Glove Works has completed the first stage of its implementation of the Centric 8 product lifecycle management (PLM) system, with a 12-week installation meaning it can put the too...
New York-based fashion brand Alexander Wang Inc has implemented a web-based PLM/ERP solution across its product development, manufacturing, distribution, and financial management teams to support its ...
Centric Software has introduced a Fashion iPad app in Paris this month, called the Centric 8 Collection Book for Fashion....
VFB Lingerie, a European unit of Fruit of the Loom that specialises in the design, creation and distribution of underwear, is taking steps to strengthen its PLM strategy....
Women's lifestyle brand Lilla P has begun implementation of Gerber Technology's YuniquePLM software solution, which it will use to centralise product information, streamline business processes, and be...
Fox Head Inc, the international brand of motocross gear and action sports apparel, has selected Centric Software to provide its product lifecycle management (PLM) system....
Visual 2000 and footwear design and development consultant Skerpa Design are collaborating on the development of a next-generation product lifecycle management (PLM) solution for the footwear industry...
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020