US: Deckers picks GT Nexus for supply chain visibility
Deckers Outdoor Corp, the maker of Ugg boots and Teva sandals, is to deploy the GT Nexus cloud-based platform to enhance collaboration and end-to-end visibility across its supply chain.
Deckers said the solution will help it collaborate better with suppliers in China, Vietnam and the Americas, as well as provide visibility into the movement of products and payments from order through delivery and settlement.
GT Nexus will replace EDI and point-to-point solutions with a multi-enterprise network solution that connects external parties and ties back into Deckers's ERP system. This will give real-time updates into performance across the physical and financial supply chains.
"Our main objective is improving visibility across our extended supply chain," said Mark Fegley, senior vice president of supply chain at Deckers.
"We'll have consistent visibility into what is really occurring in the factory, at the packing station, and in transit."
GT Nexus merged with TradeCard last month, with the combined company now operating as GT Nexus.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Footwear specialist Deckers Outdoor Corporation cited increased expenses for its falling third quarter profit, which came despite rising sales and margins....
US footwear company Deckers has named Jeffrey Bua as Teva brand president, replacing Joel Heath who has left the company to pursue other opportunities....
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective