USA: Deckers President/COO Returns To Asian Sales Role
The California-based company, whose brands include Teva, Simple and Ugg, said Mr Benjamin was returning to his prior role from the New Year having helped chairman and CEO, Douglas Otto, reorganise the firm’s management team into strategic business units.
Mr Otto, who will resume the role of president, said: "Peter's leadership and direction during the past several years cannot be understated. He has been a vital contributor to our restructuring and a major force behind improving our operating platform.
"We now believe we have the right pieces in place to support future growth and subsequently, we made the strategic decision to have Peter work on expanding our sales efforts in the growing and under-penetrated Asian marketplace."
Companies: Deckers Outdoor Corporation
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
As the textile trade war between China and the West continues to rage following the abolition of quotas at the end of 2004, one well-prepared company in the Gulf States is quietly making massive inroa...
From Namibia to Bangladesh, quota abolition is stimulating businesses to run themselves better. And buyers looking for sophisticated, responsive, efficient suppliers are getting a wider and wider choi...
Style, fashion and brand image all capture the imagination of consumers shopping for value in apparel items. However, increasing the product mix to ramp up market share can also lead to operational lo...
Feet are going to be warm and cosy next winter. Fur, both real and synthetic, was all around at the latest GDS shoe fair in Germany, on the inside and outside of shoes as well as boots, writes Penny L...
However important and serious the problems coming from quota abolition might be, there's no evidence they're urgent, says Mike Flanagan. Governments do most damage when they act in haste: the most imp...
An Australian boot maker has succeeded in the first stage of its fight to win back the rights to call its footwear ugg boots, the company's proprietor Bronwyn McDougall told just-style....
Sandals specialists Deckers Outdoor is expecting to exceed previous fourth-quarter guidance and has confirmed previous 2006 guidance. ...
Footwear group Deckers Outdoor has appointed John Perenchio to its board of directors....
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective