US: Deckers promotes Kalinich to head e-commerce
Deckers Outdoor Corporation has promoted its vice president of consumer direct, John Kalinich, to head up the group's omni-channel and e-commerce operations.
Kalinich will report to the president of omni-channel and will be "instrumental" in supporting the continued growth of Deckers' e-commerce operations, the company said. The division grew by around 30% in 2013 and contributed just over 10% of the company's total revenues.
In his expanded role, he will focus on strengthening and innovating the company's multi-brand online presence and executing strategies to further elevate the online component of the omni-channel experience.
In addition, chief information officer Brad Willis, has been promoted to senior vice president of information technology.
"The appointment of these talented executives reflects our company-wide commitment to building the industry's most innovative and customer friendly omni-channel experience," said CEO Angel Martinez. "Brad and John will play key roles in the continued build-out of our infrastructure and resources to support our efforts to fully connect with and serve consumers online, in our retail stores and across our wholesale distribution platform."
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- Unravelling cotton's supply and demand challenges
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras