US: Deckers promotes Kalinich to head e-commerce
Deckers Outdoor Corporation has promoted its vice president of consumer direct, John Kalinich, to head up the group's omni-channel and e-commerce operations.
Kalinich will report to the president of omni-channel and will be "instrumental" in supporting the continued growth of Deckers' e-commerce operations, the company said. The division grew by around 30% in 2013 and contributed just over 10% of the company's total revenues.
In his expanded role, he will focus on strengthening and innovating the company's multi-brand online presence and executing strategies to further elevate the online component of the omni-channel experience.
In addition, chief information officer Brad Willis, has been promoted to senior vice president of information technology.
"The appointment of these talented executives reflects our company-wide commitment to building the industry's most innovative and customer friendly omni-channel experience," said CEO Angel Martinez. "Brad and John will play key roles in the continued build-out of our infrastructure and resources to support our efforts to fully connect with and serve consumers online, in our retail stores and across our wholesale distribution platform."
British footwear brand Dr Martens has appointed Deckers Outdoor executive Steve Murray as its chief executive officer....
Deckers Outdoor Corp is primarily a wholesaler, with customers across the US and a wide distribution network. It also sells directly to consumers through an e-commerce site and through its own retail ...
Footwear specialist Deckers Outdoor has gained LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) silver certification for its corporate headquarters....
Whilst increasing input costs put upwards pressure on prices, other factors, such as the intense competition and bargain-hunting shoppers, pulled prices down. Apparel marketers continued to struggle t...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details