US: Deckers Q1 profit up 7.3%, but expects Q2 loss
- Q1 profit up 7.3% to US$19.2m
- Sales up 31.4% to $204.9m
- Expects Q2 loss on changes to sales model
Ugg boot owner Deckers Outdoor Corporation has booked a higher first quarter profit following a major increase in sales for its Ugg and Teva brands.
Ugg revenues were up 42.2% in the three months to 31 March, while Teva’s sales leapt 16.8%. The US company’s international sales rose 45.8% and its retail sales soared by 52.8%.
Hailing a “good start to the year”, company president, CEO and chairman Angel Martinez said: “We believe that our strategies to diversify our merchandise assortments and extend the global reach of our brands are being executed successfully.
“The favourable response to the Ugg brand’s spring line of fashion sandals, sneakers, slippers and boots drove gains in our domestic wholesale, consumer direct and international distribution channels.”
Deckers now expects full-year revenue to increase 21% and earnings per share to rise about 13%, but said it expected to record a second quarter loss as it changed its sales models in some markets.
Footwear business Deckers Outdoor Corporation raised its full-year guidance after third quarter profit rose 49%, driven by the continued strength of the Ugg brand....
Emu Australia and Deckers Outdoor have reached a settlement in their long-running battle over the use of the word 'Ugg'....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019