US: Deckers Q1 profit up 7.3%, but expects Q2 loss
- Q1 profit up 7.3% to US$19.2m
- Sales up 31.4% to $204.9m
- Expects Q2 loss on changes to sales model
Ugg boot owner Deckers Outdoor Corporation has booked a higher first quarter profit following a major increase in sales for its Ugg and Teva brands.
Ugg revenues were up 42.2% in the three months to 31 March, while Teva’s sales leapt 16.8%. The US company’s international sales rose 45.8% and its retail sales soared by 52.8%.
Hailing a “good start to the year”, company president, CEO and chairman Angel Martinez said: “We believe that our strategies to diversify our merchandise assortments and extend the global reach of our brands are being executed successfully.
“The favourable response to the Ugg brand’s spring line of fashion sandals, sneakers, slippers and boots drove gains in our domestic wholesale, consumer direct and international distribution channels.”
Deckers now expects full-year revenue to increase 21% and earnings per share to rise about 13%, but said it expected to record a second quarter loss as it changed its sales models in some markets.
Footwear business Deckers Outdoor Corporation raised its full-year guidance after third quarter profit rose 49%, driven by the continued strength of the Ugg brand....
Emu Australia and Deckers Outdoor have reached a settlement in their long-running battle over the use of the word 'Ugg'....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Weatherproof jackets release harmful chemicals"
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies