USA: Deckers Q2 Earnings Jump 212% On Anti-Dumping Ruling
Net earnings for the quarter ended 30 June 2003 increased 212 per cent to $2.006 million compared to net earnings of $642,000 last year.
Net sales rose 9 per cent to $24.3 million compared to $22.4 million in the same period last year.
For the six months ended 30 June 2003, net sales increased 9 per cent to $60.4 million compared to $55.6 million in the same period last year. Net earnings for the first half of fiscal 2003 increased 121 per cent to $6.2 million, compared to net earnings before the cumulative effect of an accounting change introduced last year.
Douglas Otto, chairman & CEO, said the company “exceeded expectations” primarily due to 15 per cent growth in sales in its Teva business.
Deckers expects 2003 Teva sales to be $70 million to $72 million, Simple sales to be $9 million to $10 million and Ugg sales to be $25 million to $26 million.
Companies: Deckers Outdoor Corporation
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
An Australian boot maker has succeeded in the first stage of its fight to win back the rights to call its footwear ugg boots, the company's proprietor Bronwyn McDougall told just-style....
Sandals specialists Deckers Outdoor is expecting to exceed previous fourth-quarter guidance and has confirmed previous 2006 guidance. ...
Footwear group Deckers Outdoor has appointed John Perenchio to its board of directors....
Footwear group Deckers Outdoor has enjoyed a 40 per cent leap in third-quarter profit but anticipates lower-than-predicted fourth-quarter results....
Footwear group Deckers Outdoor Corporation has appointed Colin Clark as senior vice president - international, effective on 1 September 2005....
Footwear group Deckers Outdoor Corporation has appointed Carlo Lingiardi as president of the company's Teva brand....
Footwear group Deckers Outdoor Corporation has reported a net sales slip for the second quarter of 2005, but says it remains positive on future performance....
Footwear group Deckers Outdoor Corporation has revised its sales and earnings guidance for the second quarter and full 2005 financial year, due to unfavourable weather affecting the Teva business....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022